We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do on the 4th day in Vancouver?

Singapore
Level Contributor
52 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
What to do on the 4th day in Vancouver?

I will be spending 4 full days sometime in June in Vancouver. For my 4th day, I do not know where to go. Go to Stanley park to visit the aquarium? Where else interesting to visit? I will be relying on public transport. Would appreciate any suggestions. Thank you.

Have planned the following:

Day 1: Robson Street/ Granville Island

Day 2: Lonsdale Quay/ Grouse Mountain/ suspension bridge

Day 3: Victoria Island

Day 4: ?? (pending)

Calgary, Alberta...
Level Contributor
3,855 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do on the 4th day in Vancouver?

Stanley Park is huge, and is a lovely place to spend some time. From the aquarium you could go to Prospect Point to enjoy the view from there, and then you could walk along the sea wall for a while. You can also rent a bike to ride on Stanley Park's many lovely paths.

One of my favourite attractions in Vancouver is the Museum of Anthropology at the University of British Columbia. It depicts the traditional lifestyle of the First Nations people of the west coast. Interesting and beautiful artefacts. In addition to that, the musem is housed in an attractive building, and there is a pleasant view from there. I've only been there by car, but I understand it's very feasible to get there by public transportation.

When you go to Vancouver Island, you might consider using the Pacific Coach Lines bus. It picks you up in downtown Vancouver, takes you on the ferry (1.5 hour crossing), and deposits you in downtown Victoria.

The most popular attraction in Victoria is the Butchart Gardens. Again, I have only been there by car, but I do know there are buses that go there.

Downtown Victoria can be covered on foot. It's a delightful little city in which to walk around. If you have time, the Royal British Columbia Museum is worthwhile.

Hope you have a great trip.

Singapore
Level Contributor
52 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to do on the 4th day in Vancouver?

Hi Judy, thank you for sharing your views and advise.

Westcoast_Girl
Level Contributor
315 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to do on the 4th day in Vancouver?

I totally agree with the previous poster - The Museum of Anthropology is great and located on the beautiful University of British Columbia campus, right near the edge of a cliff with beautiful scenery (and the ocean beyond).

Another suggestion is to go to Chinatown. Vancouver has a really great one, with lots of history, and many traditional Chinese herbal stores, gift shops, great restaurants and food kiosks, etc. Just be sure to go during the day when it is busy and alive, because it borders a somewhat seedier area of Vancouver (at night). During the day it is perfectly safe and bustling. Dr. Sun Yat Sen Gardens are there as well - good place for reflection and a calm walk, with lots of great architecture and it is FREE. Chinatown is easily covered by bus routes.

Have a great trip in my hometown! Vancouver is fabulous, especially in June.