We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip to Seattle, Vancouver and Victoria October 9-16

Which Vancouver hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Northern Calife
Level Contributor
103 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Trip to Seattle, Vancouver and Victoria October 9-16

I am planning on flying in to Seattle and spending 2 days and then taking the train to Vancouver-stay 2-3 nights and then the ferry to Victoria and stay 2 days.

Any suggestions or comments about this plan?

Any comments much appreciated

Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Destination Expert
for British Columbia
Level Contributor
8,019 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip to Seattle, Vancouver and Victoria October 9-16

Skip Seattle altogether it's a thoroughly underwhelming place.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
54,716 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip to Seattle, Vancouver and Victoria October 9-16

I would say that with 3 locations you will not have time to see any of them. I tend to think in "nights." So you have 7 nights: have 2 nights in Seattle, 3 nights in Vancouver and 2 nights in Victoria? That's 7 nights but you need that 7th night (15th) back in Seattle the night before your flight out.

You would be wise to drop one location and split your time between the two.

It's also Thanksgiving on Monday Oct 14th, a long weekend and pretty busy on the ferries, although not too bad for those travelling by commercial transportation.

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
18,510 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip to Seattle, Vancouver and Victoria October 9-16

7 days is a short time to see three cities especially when you factor in travel time. If you take the clipper back to Seattle that eats most of a day. Even Vancouver to Victoria will be almost 4 hrs. Most people under estimate travel times when your dealing with border crossing and ferry schedules and especially on a Canadian holiday weekend. Of course I think you should visit Seattle but perhaps concentrate on Canada this trip and perhaps add a day trip to Whistler.

Port Moody, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver, British Columbia
Level Contributor
10,920 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip to Seattle, Vancouver and Victoria October 9-16

If that's all the time you have it's doable but you'll just get a " taste" of each place.

I'd switch the order though..

9 th fly into Seattle. If early enough flight take Clipper directly to Victoria. Spend 9th night 10 th in Victoria. Morning of 11 th. take Pacific Coach/ ferry to Vancouver. Enjoy morning ferry ride. Spend 11, 12,13 in Vancouver

Morning of 14 take Amtrak to Seattle. Arrive 12 noon. Spend 14 , 15 in Seattle. Fly out 16. I think this could be an enjoyable mini holiday especially as the Clipper the pacific coach BC ferry ride and the amtrak are all comfortable and scenic.

5. Re: Trip to Seattle, Vancouver and Victoria October 9-16

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, August 14, 2014