We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip to Whistler and Joffre Lakes

Which Vancouver hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Diego
10 posts
Save Topic
Day trip to Whistler and Joffre Lakes

Does anyone know if a day trip to Whistler from Vancouver that includes an extra hour to Joffre Lakes will be too much?

I've seen pictures of the three lakes

(probably only have time for the first lake) and they are the closest thing I've seen that is comparable to the lakes in Banff.

If it is possible to head to the lakes after a few hours in Whistler, do you think it is worth the trip?

Thanks for any advice!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,849 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trip to Whistler and Joffre Lakes

I have done the hike and yes it is worth it. To drive to Joffree Park will take 1 hr from Whistler, then up to Upper Lake is a 2-4 hr hike. Being at the base of the Matier Glacier is awesome. What are you planning to do in Whistler?

San Diego
10 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trip to Whistler and Joffre Lakes

Thank you, PuffPuff!

My family will probably have lunch and stroll the shops and possibly do the gondola ride up the mountain. If we can leave Whistler no later than 1:00 PM to head to Joffre, I think that may give us time to at least see the first lake. We will have a toddler with us, so I don't know if it is possible to reach the second or third lake.

Is it still worth it to see just the 1st lake?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,849 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day trip to Whistler and Joffre Lakes

Frankly no. The best views are from Upper lake. If you are pressed for time, there are hikes in and around Narin Falls you can do. About 10 min south of Pemberton.

4. Re: Day trip to Whistler and Joffre Lakes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 pm, August 14, 2009