We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vancouver flights to Orlando USA - any help appreciated.

Northern Territory
Level Contributor
72 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Vancouver flights to Orlando USA - any help appreciated.

Hi need help with this one badly. Myself, hubby & two kids 16 & 14yo are flying direct to Vancouver from Sydney next September 2014. We are spending about a week there and then want to fly over to Orlando and spend the rest of our time down in Disneyworld, Universal etc. After that want to fly back to Vancouver for the return flight home. Is flying internally cheap and how do I go about it as I've been on a few websites but trying to find flights to Orlando is really hard. What is the best way to get there, I know it won't be a direct flight. Appreciate comments.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
679 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Vancouver flights to Orlando USA - any help appreciated.

www.kayak.com Is usually a good site to start looking for flights

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
61,540 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vancouver flights to Orlando USA - any help appreciated.

I'd also check Matrix and Expedia

http://matrix.itasoftware.com/

www.expedia.com

But once you've done your "shopping" book directly with the airline.

Greater Sydney...
Level Contributor
18,049 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vancouver flights to Orlando USA - any help appreciated.

I would not fly back to Vancouver to return to Sydney. I think you would be far better off considering an open jaw trip. However Air Canada do fly Orlando/Denver/Vancouver. You could also continue with Air Canada to Sydney. Are you perhaps flying AC direct from Sydney to Vancouver anyway on a round trip ticket anyway?

For September 2014, flight arrangements will not show up, so you need to look at September 2013 for the purpose of comparitive route planning. I have just thrown a date into SkyScanner for mid Sept 2013 and there appear to be heaps of options from YVR to MCO, but no direct flights. I have just thrown the same data in for Calgary YYC to MCO and also returned heaps of results. You could consider Air Canada all the way, although there are cheaper alternatives available for internal US flights.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,174 posts
778 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vancouver flights to Orlando USA - any help appreciated.

You can also post your query in the air travel forum....

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
61,540 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Vancouver flights to Orlando USA - any help appreciated.

They did. :-)

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
7,555 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Vancouver flights to Orlando USA - any help appreciated.

One option is to scrap Orlando for Los Angeles and visit Disneyland & Universal Studios there instead. It's only a 2.5 hour flight with lots to choose from. That's what most people in Vancouver do - California vacations rather than Florida because it's cheaper, closer, and easier. You can then fly home directly from LA.

Edited: 1:50 am, July 03, 2013
Greater Sydney...
Level Contributor
18,049 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Vancouver flights to Orlando USA - any help appreciated.

I agree with Robyn that Anaheim would be easier for sure, although I understand that the park there is not quite as good as in Orlando. Anaheim is still great though.

Northern Territory
Level Contributor
72 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Vancouver flights to Orlando USA - any help appreciated.

Thanks everyone for assisting me with your suggestions. I noticed the majority of you mentioned LA; unfortunately we have been to Anaheim 3 times already and done the LA/California back in 2006 as we went around the world very quickly in 6 weeks. Frommy you seem to have a wealth of knowledge especially being here in Australia which helps greatly. I'm now looking at using our Qantas FF points (we have quite a few) 7 flying Sydney-Dallas with points; then onto Orlando. Here we will be about 15 days. From Orlando fly to Vancouver (will look into Air Canada flights); now after going through everyones suggestions on Vancouver will try and make that a full 7 days; from Vancouver fly to LA; perhaps 2-3 days there then flying QF back to Brisbane. Anyone got any thoughts on this proposed itinerary. Thanks.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
13,339 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Vancouver flights to Orlando USA - any help appreciated.

There are a couple of different D-land attractions in Orlando, but it is essentially a carbon copy of Disneyland / Cal Adventure. If you have been do Disneyland / Anaheim 3 times, I don't get the need to go to Orlando. But it's your trip!

Greater Sydney...
Level Contributor
18,049 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Vancouver flights to Orlando USA - any help appreciated.

tcgc,

I think that flying the 'roo to Dallas makes a lot of sense, but consider the Q partners (Star Alliance?) for your internal flights to Calgary or Vancouver. I still reckon you should fly to Calgary to spend time in the Rockies though.

(Message bashed out quickly in my lunch hour at work)