We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eagles - Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC - 6th September

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
595 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Eagles - Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC - 6th September

Lucky for us whilst we are in Vancouver the Eagles are in town, we have our tickets and are good to go.

Looking at Google maps our hotel (Listel) on Robson Street is about a 23min walk, which all sounds good. Is this a true walking time or an Olympic time trial speed, it make no real differnce to me but the wife will have the clock set. I guess the walk would be after the concert, as sometimes it is just as quick walking than waiting for transport.

Also what is the Rogers Arena like, as this will be the first Canadian/American stadium I have been in.

Looking forward to the whole Vancouver bit, and to finish of with the Eagle makes it a perfect finish

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
57,809 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Eagles - Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC - 6th September

There will be a bag check at the door for personal alcohol and whatever else they didn't want to go in. They took a bottle of water from me once. I meant to take it in empty, fill it inside but had forgotten.

The final approach is best done along the Georgia or Dunsmuir viaduct. Some of the entry doors are flush with that upper level, which once inside puts you at the main concourse between the lower bowl and the upper bowl.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
679 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Eagles - Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC - 6th September

Warpedvinyl,you are a connaiseur!

"These things that are pleasin' you

can hurt you somehow".

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
595 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Eagles - Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC - 6th September

/warpedvinyl - superb post and much appreciated, I now seem to have a host of drinking dens to visit before and after the concert, which I have to say I am looking forward too. One question how much will I be paying for a draught beer and bottled beer, I understand Canada is expensive for beer but I sometimes work in London and pay around $7.50 a pint so I am expecting the same.

Again thanks for the response

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
595 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Eagles - Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC - 6th September

/MuftiMixandmatch - we have the same bag checking in the UK and the concerts we attend my wife tends not to take a bag. A few years back I went to Amsterdam to see David Bowie, and in the main no bag checks and a real relaxed atmosphere, but I guess the Dutch are that way and what a great way to be. How are they about taking ameras in, as I know some places can be funny over it.

If honest I am expecting a better service in relation to food and drink inside the stadium, as I know you guys are way ahead of us in this area.

Thanks for the response

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Eagles - Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC - 6th September

what can I say I enjoy my beer :)

you'll pay anywhere between $5-7 depending on if there are any specials and whether you drink domestic, import or craft beer. $6 tends to be the average for most standard draught beers, maybe a bit less for bottles. Pitchers can be a good value if you're both drinking the same beer, save $2-3 over the same amount of individual pints. some of the pubs have drink lists on their website if you want to get a more accurate idea, just Google the pubs I suggested. Library square usually keeps a pretty updated drink list, so does Pivo, not sure about the Pint, but they'll all be pretty similar in price

standard stadium security will have random pat tests (arms, sides, legs for contraband), bags looked in and any drinks taken away. you can typically bring in a small digital camera (unless cameras are specifically denied on the ticket), they've given up trying to keep them out since every cell phone doubles as a camera these days anyway. you would likely have trouble bringing a digital SLR camera in with you. sometimes you can bring in an empty water bottle, which would allow you to fill it up at a water fountain in the stadium, but it varies from show to show.

There is decent food and drink selection inside the stadium and between almost every section is a food stand though it's overpriced. a cup of beer is $7.50-8 (think red party cup) and limit 2 per person at a time, you'll be paying $5.50 for a hot dog, $10 for a burger (extra for fries/chips), $4.50 for pop and water. there are some food stands that do more exotic foods that are a bit better bang for your buck, stir frys, pizza, Mexican. but it's usually better to eat/drink your fill before going to the show and then just get a couple of beers here and there and a bag of peanuts to maintain your level of enjoyment!

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
57,809 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Eagles - Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC - 6th September

Well, it would be very nice to get into a concert without being checked from top to bottom.

I think you can expect beer to be more like $10 at Rogers Arena. IMO, the food and bev choices and prices are OTT.

And I just read a comment about someone not being able to keep the lid to her bottle of water she bought at the Lady Gaga concert. That's a new one.

17. Re: Eagles - Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC - 6th September

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, July 06, 2014