We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alternative to Stanley Park Shuttle?

Which Vancouver hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Mateo...
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Topic
Alternative to Stanley Park Shuttle?

Hello,

I am travelling to Vancouver at the end of this month, and I wanted to take a tour of Stanley Park, but I noticed that the Stanley Park Shuttle service run by the Vancouver Trolley Company is not available. My next choice would have been the Vancouver Trolley Shuttle HOHO service, but they seem to get terrible reviews come the summer months due to overcrowding. In case the Stanley Park Shuttle is not up and running by the time I get there, is there any other way to tour Stanley Park? I cannot bike due to my arthritis, and the #19 bus that was mentioned in a previous post seems to stop only at one place in the Park. Thank you.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
679 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Alternative to Stanley Park Shuttle?

vancouvertrolley.com/tours/…stanley-park

www.vancouverpinkbustours.com/stanley-park/

vancouver.ca/parks-recreation-culture/stanle…

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
24,596 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alternative to Stanley Park Shuttle?

There's also horse drawn carriages in the park. They are not cheap, but they are nice and slow, allowing you to take in the views.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,843 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Alternative to Stanley Park Shuttle?

Another option if you can not bike or walk far is renting a wheelchair. I'm not sure if they rent for a day, but I would ask. I am planning on using this option when my mother visits.

www.burrardpharmasave.com/equipment-rentals

San Mateo...
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Alternative to Stanley Park Shuttle?

Thank you all for your suggestions! I think I'll end up taking one of the HOHO buses, as that seems the only way to move around the park and explore some of the points of interest there.

5. Re: Alternative to Stanley Park Shuttle?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, July 04, 2014