We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Favourite eating places in Squamish and Whistler ?

Toronto Canada
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Topic
Favourite eating places in Squamish and Whistler ?

What are your favourite eating places and menu suggestions?

Anything to avoid?

Vancouver
Level Contributor
172 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Favourite eating places in Squamish and Whistler ?

There is a very nice Brew Pub in Squamish; I forgot its name, but it is at the end of center of town in a log cabin style building.

On the other end of the scale is the "Bearfoot Bistro". It is first class. The atmosphere is warm, the ambiance elegant and the food is fantastic. It is worth the money you spend.

On a more casual recommendation is "Caramba" very rustic, excelent food and great service.

Just remembered "Quattros" in Whister, another outstanding dining experience....

Enjoy.

Canada
Level Contributor
267 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Favourite eating places in Squamish and Whistler ?

Our favorite Whistler restaurant is Araxis ( higher end but not as bad as Bearfoot Bistro price wise, while there is nothing wrong with Bearfoot we think it is more costly than it should be and we eat out in high end restaurants a lot) - Araxis is owned by the same person that also has 3 restaurants in Vancouver - all excellent places. It isn't inexpensive but we always have a great time there and have been eating there for the past 15 years.

Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Destination Expert
for British Columbia
Level Contributor
8,749 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Favourite eating places in Squamish and Whistler ?

There's a great little bakery cafe in SquamishSunflower.

Excellent pastries/sandwices-clean well run and welcoming.

Toronto Canada
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Favourite eating places in Squamish and Whistler ?

Thank you very much for your input. Our group will range from a three year old to her grandparents-all with adventuresome

Canadian palates. Now we look forward to trying your suggestions in mid July. Merci.

North Vancouver...
Level Contributor
1,192 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Favourite eating places in Squamish and Whistler ?

The Wildwood Pacific Bistro at the Whistler Tennis Club is a local favourite, especially for breakfast. The banana bread French toast with pecan topping is yummy. Elements Tapas in the Village has the same ownership - I haven't tried it yet but I hear it's very good.

For a big family group try the Spaghetti Factory - not gourmet by any means, but fun and inexpensive.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,849 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Favourite eating places in Squamish and Whistler ?

Squamish: The Howe Sound Brew Pub and Inn or the Shady Tree Pub. If I were choosing, I would pick the Howe Sound.

Whistler: Araxi for fine upscale, Sushi Village for killer sushi.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,849 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Favourite eating places in Squamish and Whistler ?

Squamish: The Howe Sound Brew Pub and Inn or the Shady Tree Pub. If I were choosing, I would pick the Howe Sound.

Whistler: Araxi for fine upscale, Sushi Village for killer sushi.

Toronto Canada
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Favourite eating places in Squamish and Whistler ?

Thank you very much for the helpful input. You will make our holiday more enjoyable I am certain. Merci.

Toronto Canada
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Favourite eating places in Squamish and Whistler ?

Thank you very much for the helpful input. You will make our holiday more enjoyable I am certain. Merci.

Toronto Canada
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Favourite eating places in Squamish and Whistler ?