We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Another Pacific Coach question

Nottingham, UK
Level Contributor
45 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Another Pacific Coach question

Hi,

I've seen various posts on here regarding not needing to book the pacific coach, but my situation is slightly different (I think). Two of us are wanting to travel from Vancouver downtown to Victoria downtown on Friday 30th August this year (one way). Looking at their schedule we specifically want the 8.45am coach. This weekend is the start of Labour day weekend and from what I've read we need to be a little careful that things don't get booked up as it appears to be a busy weekend!

So, can we still turn up and have no issues, or is this weekend a bit different and we should book?

Thank you.

Vancouver, B.C.
Level Contributor
2,047 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Another Pacific Coach question

If you specifically need to get on that bus then reserving seats for peace of mind is worth it.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
62,310 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Another Pacific Coach question

PCL from the station is a walk up service. Get to the station about 7 - 7h15 am and buy your tix. If there is an overflow of pax, PCL brings in a second bus and driver right away to the bay right beside the first bus. They are very familiar with long weekends and you will have no problem. In fact, ask the ticket seller if they are going to use 2 buses and if so, consider heading for the second bus as there will likely be fewer pax on it.

Two variations on riding PCL. If getting PCL to pick you up from the hotel, it does cost extra, the bus comes EARLIER than station departure and returns to station for scheduled departure time. If you are wanting to catch the bus en route to Victoria, after it has left the station, they require you to let them know as they will want to leave a seat vacant for you and have the driver watch out for you at that en route bus stop.

Edited: 8:56 pm, May 15, 2013
Nottingham, UK
Level Contributor
45 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Another Pacific Coach question

Fantastic information. Thank you.

4. Re: Another Pacific Coach question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, May 18, 2014