We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in Vancouver?

Which Vancouver hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Zionsville...
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Where to stay in Vancouver?

We will be in Vancouver for two days and one night in August. We will have our two college age kids with us, what is the best area of Vancouver to book a hotel?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,849 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Where to stay in Vancouver?

i would recommend the downtown core...Marriott Pinnacle, Westin Bayshore, Coast, 4 Seasons, Pan Pacific Sutton Place...etc...lots of hotels downtown. I find Granville seedy...sorry. Too many B&T drunks on the weekend.

Zionsville...
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Where to stay in Vancouver?

Good advise.Not knowing the area, that is helpful. Thank you.

Edited: 10:28 pm, April 19, 2013
Vancouver
Level Contributor
14 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Where to stay in Vancouver?

Vancouver local and travel consultant for Whistler Blackcomb here.

For hotels: I would recommend the burrard inn. Why? It is very centrally located and the Burrard St stroll not as "crazy" and more "classy" compared to the Granville St stroll. It is no Westin or Pan Pacific, but it does offer a modern retro boutique style of living. I've stayed there and I found it quite charming. And it seems like tripadvisor raters agree with me too ;)

tripadvisor.ca/Hotel_Review-g154943-d182515-…

As for the zipline, there is a promotion going on right now that gives you 20% off as a call-in discount!

Zionsville...
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
14. Re: Where to stay in Vancouver?

I like idea of The Buzzard. Looks like no place we have ever stayed. Price is right and I think my college aged kids would think hip - something I normally would not book. The idea that they have cruisers to use is a new idea! I think we just may do this.

As I read more about Vancouver I begin to question taking the time to go to Grouse Mountrain to zip line. We will only have less than 2 days and 1 night is Vancouver. Not sure I want to take a whole afternoon away from the city to do this.

15. Re: Where to stay in Vancouver?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, April 24, 2014