We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

More help and advice needed-anyone stayed at the Happy Day...

Which Vancouver hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Leeds, UK
Level Contributor
51 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
More help and advice needed-anyone stayed at the Happy Day...

Happy Day Inn

7330 6th Street

Burnaby, BC

Just wondered if anyone has stayed here?

If so, is it clean (ie no cockroaches!)?

Is the area safe?

What is the public transport to downtown like?

Thanks very much

Julie

Canada
Level Contributor
2,517 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: More help and advice needed-anyone stayed at the Happy Day...

Don't know anythinig about this place, but I take it from your other posts that you are looking for somewhere that is on the lower end of the budget scale. The places you indicate are not the most accessible and might leave you feeling fairly isolated. Of the three you indicated, I would suggest the UBC location because you will be in a decent area and close to beaches and the amenities of the university. Have a look at the Burrard Inn, which is downtown, the Kingston Hotel (also downtown), the Sylvia Hotel (great location, and they have a few fairly cheap rooms), and the YWCA (http://www.ywcahotel.com/). The location of the YWCA is good and I think you should be happier with that than some of the motels you are looking at.

BC_Robyn will hopefully chime in here as she is fount of knowledge on Vancouver and area.

2. Re: More help and advice needed-anyone stayed at the Happy Day...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:20 am, August 15, 2009