We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Opus v. Sutton Place v. 4 Seasons

memphis, tn
Level Contributor
850 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Opus v. Sutton Place v. 4 Seasons

Which would you suggest? We want to stay somewhere really special. Sutton Place sounds like it doesn't have views, Opus sounds sorta small, cramped, and loud. 4 Seasons sounds older and in need of renovation. HELP me decide. It is my husband's 50th b'day and we will be in Vancouver for 2 nights.

Marla

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
347 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Opus v. Sutton Place v. 4 Seasons

If you want views, not small/cramped and newer, it sounds like the Fairmont Waterfront is the place for you.

Canada
Level Contributor
268 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Opus v. Sutton Place v. 4 Seasons

Well - take into consideration _ the Pan Pacific, the Fairmont Waterfront, and the the Westin Bayshore.

Opus is a boutique speciality hotel and does not have views but does have unique rooms (it isn't cramped and I don't know where that idea comes from weird)

4 Seasons is an excellent hotel and in need of renovation is silly - however, they are at the crux of downtown core and no view-a lot of celebs pick that hotel.

Sutton place is on Robson and the views are only at the top floors-nice place etc but if a view is so all fired important then I guess that isn't it.

Do you want dining ideas for a 50th?

Lumieres-prepare to spend about $200 plus Cdn but wow- what an awesome-once in a lifetime experience (on Broadway and Stephens) you must make reservations in advance.

Quattros on 4th - excellent food - and service- wonderful place -make reservations as they tend to be full.

West on Granville- amazing chef- excellent menue

If you would like something a bit different try Vij's off Granville (ask your concierge) can not make reservations - but wow- are they good hmmmmm

Cin Cins on Robson - good northern Italian food good service, a favorite of the film crowd

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Opus v. Sutton Place v. 4 Seasons

Opus is new and surrounded by several good restaurants. [walking] It is a more modern style hotel, the bar is quite nice. However, I can't imagine there is any kind of view.

Try the Hotel Vancouver.[Fairmont]

4. Re: Opus v. Sutton Place v. 4 Seasons

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 pm, August 14, 2009