We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One night hotel picks.

Which Vancouver hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
US
Level Contributor
262 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
One night hotel picks.

So we have Le Soleil for our 4 day stay in Vancouver.

We are now trying to decide between Metropolitan, or St Regis (which includes breakfast with stay at about same price.)

I seem to like Metropolitan a lot better- are there breakfast places very nearby? Is the hotel interior much more nicer as it seems to be?

Or should I just go ahead with St Regis?

Thanks!!

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
56,193 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One night hotel picks.

I know one poster who will go with the Met. I have stayed at the St. Regis and I liked it. It is a heritage boutique hotel, with the smallest elevator in the universe. Only the Andrews Hotel in San Francisco can compete! :-) Because the building is 100 years old, the rooms are the size of that vintage, up to date of course, but in modern terms on the small side. The breakfast was made to order and just great. The bathroom facilities and amenities were very nice, a good sized bath. Comes with free long distance phone calls and I think state of the art electronics ports. If you go with the St. Regis, you need to ask about furniture in the room. Our room did not have armchairs, we had only the bed to sit on, other rooms had armchairs.

Port Moody, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver, British Columbia
Level Contributor
11,338 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One night hotel picks.

haven't stayed at the St Regis ... have stayed at the Met. Room was comfortable but not huge. I do like the location of the Met a slight bit better and yes there are places nearby the Met for breakfast but the two hotels are literally a 5 minute walk apart so if you get breakfast with the St Regis I'd be inclined to pick it.

Vancouver BC
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
8,867 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One night hotel picks.

Guilty Mufti. The Met is modern with welcoming lobby, rooms have opening sliding doors, hotel has pool/spa and renown fine dining. It was built for the luxury Mandarin chain and is a solid 4 star hotel. They are competitive with rates and on a street of breakfast restaurants like http://www.scoozis.ca/ or http://www.joyeaux-cafe-restaurant.com/ next door. No contest for me.

US
Level Contributor
262 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: One night hotel picks.

Metropolitan it is! :)

Thanks all again :))

US
Level Contributor
262 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: One night hotel picks.

Oops hubby went ahead and got the regis- mainly for the breakfast part- for one night that's fine i guess in the end:)

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
56,193 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: One night hotel picks.

I think you will enjoy it and the central location.

US
Level Contributor
262 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: One night hotel picks.

Thank you:)

8. Re: One night hotel picks.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 31, 2014