We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Late flight arrival- taxi or local transportation

Which Vancouver hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
kitchener,ontario
Level Contributor
1,071 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Late flight arrival- taxi or local transportation

Hi

Our flight gets in just after 11 pm, should we just take a taxi from airport to the Westin Grand?

Thanks Kim

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
679 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Late flight arrival- taxi or local transportation

The Canada Line rides untill 1am, but considering the time maybe a taxi might be more convenient.

kitchener,ontario
Level Contributor
1,071 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Late flight arrival- taxi or local transportation

Thanks, that what we thought after two flights to get there;)

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Late flight arrival- taxi or local transportation

If you want to save cash, you can take our light rail transit? (It's called the CAnada Line) [http://tripplanning.translink.ca/hiwire?.a=iScheduleLookupSearch&LineAbbr=980]

The transit system is connected to the airport so it's pretty easy to hop on it. If it were me I would just do this option.

It's super clean and was newly built for the olympics in 2010. It's also super safe and well lit. It's only about 25mins to downtown.

It takes about the same time if you were to drive. The last train leaves at 12:56am from the airport.

You would get off at "Vancouver City center" and you'd either have to walk or taxi to your hotel. Which I googled and it's about a 300m walk from the station to your hotel.

Just google your hotel, then click "get directions" and then select bus/public transit as your mode of transportation and then enter YVR or vancouver airport as your starting destination.

This is way cheaper than a cab. If you don't mind public transit, this is the best option.

I'm not sure if this link will work for you, but see if it works. Otherwise just do the steps I told you on Google above

(https://maps.google.ca/maps?ie=UTF-8&gl=ca&daddr=433+Robson+St,+Vancouver,+BC+V6B+6L9&panel=1&f=d&fb=1&dirflg=d&geocode=0,49.279757,-123.117129&cid=0,0,10442353462147253440&hq=westin+grand)

Edited: 10:49 pm, March 18, 2013
Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
679 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Late flight arrival- taxi or local transportation

According to taxifarefinder the fare to your hotel would be $ 34,60, not including tip.

www.taxifarefinder.com/main.php…

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
55,615 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Late flight arrival- taxi or local transportation

canuckerr ~ Avoid putting any punctuation up against the URL string for better results. The URL string has to stand free. Google map's URLs can be quite long and sometimes need to have you use the link icon (see the chain link icon next to the printer icon above the list of directions for the map). Then you check the "short URL" box in the pop up that appears. Use that short URL to create a hyperlink in the post.

Edited: 10:57 pm, March 18, 2013
kitchener,ontario
Level Contributor
1,071 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Late flight arrival- taxi or local transportation

Thanks for the help

Kim

Hua Hin, Thailand
Level Contributor
187 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Late flight arrival- taxi or local transportation

The other way to go would be to grab a limo if there is 3 or 4 of you and split the cost and its a pretty good deal.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
76 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Late flight arrival- taxi or local transportation

Depends on how adventerous you are and how tired you are when you get there. If you can easily carry/pull your luggage around you can take the skytrain. I think coming into downtown late at night would be really nice to see from up in the skytrain. The skytrain goes underground once you get into downtown Vancouver and walking downtown Vancouver at night is safe and beautiful.

If your tired its worth it to take the cab. 35-40 $

Do check google maps for directions to hotel if walking.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
55,615 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Late flight arrival- taxi or local transportation

I think Wallie has got it in one. If your arrival happened to be 10 pm. I would suggest Canada Line and then walking 300 metres. Canada Line is above ground for the first 5 minutes leaving the airport, then 20 minutes underground into downtown. Given you will be out of the luggage carousels about 45 min after coming to the gate, the taxi sounds really good.

Vancouver, B.C.
Level Contributor
1,863 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Late flight arrival- taxi or local transportation

The train runs every 20 minutes after 11pm. Cost would be $7.75 each to take the train.