We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Westin Grand Vancouver to Stanley Park

Annandale, Virginia
Level Contributor
172 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
Westin Grand Vancouver to Stanley Park

Hi everyone,

I will be visiting Vancouver for the first time with my family and we are looking to do some sight seeing and one of the points of interest is Stanley Park. We will be staying at the Westin Grand and from the looks of it we will have to take a Bus #5 to Stanley Park. The only thing is it looks like we have a bit of a ways to walk from where they drop us off to the park. Is this the best way to get to Stanley Park?

Obviously we want to view the totem poles and the MOA but from the looks of it we may be walking for a little while. Can anyone give me advice on this? Either confirming what I've found or telling me a different/more efficient way. Thanks so much!

Mentioned in this post
Vancouver
Vancouver
British Columbia, Canada
Stanley Park
Stanley Park
23,582 Reviews
Vancouver, Canada
The Westin Grand, Vancouver
The Westin Grand...
1,848 Reviews
Vancouver, Canada
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
2,104 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Westin Grand Vancouver to Stanley Park

The No 5 bus goes down Robson. If you get off at Denman Street the park is only 3 blocks away. You could take a different bus and get off at the Stanley Park bus loop, but you would still have to walk to the totem poles etc Also from the quick look I did on the Translink site, that would require a bus transfer.

You don't say what time of year you will be here, but if it's nice weather, renting bikes is a great way to see the park. You could walk from you hotel to a bike renting places at Davie and Pacific Blvd right on the seawall and bike traffic free around to the park.

MOA is at UBC and not in Stanley Park. You will have to take a bus there.

Mentioned in this post
Denman Street
Denman Street
81 Reviews
Vancouver, Canada
Stanley Park
Stanley Park
23,582 Reviews
Vancouver, Canada
Vancouver BC
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
10,246 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Westin Grand Vancouver to Stanley Park

If MOA is the Museum of Anthropology, it is not in Stanley Park. You can walk to Stanley Park in 45 minutes, much along the seawall. If you take the local bus (#19) your walk to the totems from the rose garden bus loop is under 10 minutes through the park. You get bus 19 either from a transfer from 050 or at waterfront Skytrain. I'd walk if able.

Mentioned in this post
Museum of Anthropology
Museum of Anthropology
3,196 Reviews
Vancouver, Canada
Stanley Park
Stanley Park
23,582 Reviews
Vancouver, Canada
SkyTrain
SkyTrain
6,714 Reviews
Vancouver, Canada
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
64,579 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Westin Grand Vancouver to Stanley Park

You could walk from your hotel down Richards St for about 600 metres, 7-10 minutes, to Pender and Richards. Look for the westbound bus stop on Pender St and take the #19 Stanley Park bus. It takes you right into the park's bus loop, next to Klahowya Village and the Miniature Train.

From there, everything is walk, walk, walk or the HOHO Shuttle. It's 9 km around the perimetre seawall of Stanley Park. The park is ~20% larger than Central Park, NYC. You could spend at least half a day walking or cycling in Stanley Park. You could take the Vancouver Trolley's HOHO Stanley Park service. In tourist season, I personally do not recommend city HOHO buses due to late buses and lack of available seating on the buses. The Stanley Park shuttle is dedicated to just Stanley Park. You can see the operating dates on this link:

vancouvertrolley.com/tour/stanley-park-shutt…

To rent a bike, just get off the #19 bus at Denman St and you will see the bike rental stores across the street.

When you say MoA, do you actually mean the Aquarium which is in Stanley Park. Here is the bus route map on a weekday to the MoA at UBC, about 1 hour travel time to the door:

http://goo.gl/maps/BK4tW

Mentioned in this post
Stanley Park
Stanley Park
23,582 Reviews
Vancouver, Canada
Central Park
Central Park
114,455 Reviews
New York City, NY
Vancouver
Vancouver
British Columbia, Canada
Annandale, Virginia
Level Contributor
172 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Westin Grand Vancouver to Stanley Park

I forgot to mention we would be there March 15-17.I was referring to the Museum of Anthropology. But seeing as the Aquarium is in Stanley Park it would make more sense to cover that and then go to the Museum of Anthropology on another day. Thanks for the tips everyone this has really helped me/us out!!

Mentioned in this post
Museum of Anthropology
Museum of Anthropology
3,196 Reviews
Vancouver, Canada
Stanley Park
Stanley Park
23,582 Reviews
Vancouver, Canada
5. Re: Westin Grand Vancouver to Stanley Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, February 27, 2014