We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation/Hotel for Group of 8 Taking a Cruise

Which Vancouver hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
4,001 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Transportation/Hotel for Group of 8 Taking a Cruise

We are a group of 8 adults that will be arriving in Vancouver by plane to take an Alaskan cruise. We are likely going to arrive in Vancouver the evening before our cruise and stay in a hotel overnight. As we won't have a vehicle, I have three transportation/hotel questions:

Any recommendations for a shuttle company (or other) that we could use to take us from the airport to our hotel? (hoping it might be more economical to travel as a group than taking a few taxis)

Or, maybe a better question, can anyone recommend a hotel that may have both an airport shuttle and a shuttle the next day to our cruise ship?

If not, does anyone have any recommendations for hotels that have a "stay and cruise" option where they would provide transportation to the cruise port?

Port Moody, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver, British Columbia
Level Contributor
11,100 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation/Hotel for Group of 8 Taking a Cruise

suggest you take a limo from the airport to downtown. will be very reasonable for a group of 8. $99 including tax but you'd have to add tip..

yvr.ca/en/…hired-sedans-limousines.aspx

Lots of hotels downtown.. what's your budget? you might look at Pan Pacific which is right above the cruise terminal so no transport needed..or Waterfron Fairmont t, right across the street.. further afield look at the Blue Horizon..on Robson and about a $10 cab ride to the cruise terminal. There are a few hotels that do offer a shuittle but downtown is really compact and I'd go for a hotel that I like rather than pick based on the shuttle option

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
55,515 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation/Hotel for Group of 8 Taking a Cruise

There are no hotel shuttles from the airport to downtown hotels.

The Best Western Plus Downtown has a cruise shuttle.

The hotels closest to the Cruise Ship Pier are clustered around Waterfront Station in the following article.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g154943-c128060/Vanco…

SE Ontario
Level Contributor
16,658 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation/Hotel for Group of 8 Taking a Cruise

Executive Vintage Park has a Cruise package that includes shuttle.

executivehotels.net/downtownvancouverboutiqu…

Edited: 8:24 pm, February 19, 2013
Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
4,001 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transportation/Hotel for Group of 8 Taking a Cruise

Thanks for the info. I'll take a look at these options.

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
18,660 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transportation/Hotel for Group of 8 Taking a Cruise

aerocar.ca

has 10 pax limos and vans. Very reliable.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
76 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transportation/Hotel for Group of 8 Taking a Cruise

I can only add that a taxi from the airport to downtown is about 35-40 dollars so a limo sounds like a great idea.

I would also suggest staying at the Pan Pacific, right on top of the cruise terminal, great hotel wonderful views whether city or harbour. Ask for a higher floor. I have stayed here and its wonderful. It is also attached to a few buildings undergound.

The Fairmont waterfront is also right across the street from the Pan Pacific so would also do.

Depending on when you get there the evening before make sure you get out and walk around. You will be amazed at how compact downtown Vancouver is and how much you can see.

Maybe check out Expedia or similar site for a great rate. I think the Pan Pacific has some sort of cruise rate maybe. Check their site.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
4,001 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Transportation/Hotel for Group of 8 Taking a Cruise

Thanks again.

8. Re: Transportation/Hotel for Group of 8 Taking a Cruise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, February 23, 2014