We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sheraton Wall Centre vs. Wedgewood - Which one?

Which Vancouver hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Seattle
Level Contributor
46 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Sheraton Wall Centre vs. Wedgewood - Which one?

After much thought and research, I've narrowed it down to these two hotels for a weekend trip to Vancouver.

Sheraton Wall Centre - newer hotel, great views, great rate

Wedgewood - great service, great location, more expensive than Sheraton

Has anyone stayed at either of these hotels? Which one would be better?

Ottawa, ON
Level Contributor
928 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Sheraton Wall Centre vs. Wedgewood - Which one?

I have stayed at the Wall Centre twice. I don't think the Wedgewood has a location advantage; they are only a couple of blocks apart. I'm not much into using hotel services. I like the Sheraton for the large rooms, wall to wall and floor to ceiling windows, the view, etc.

I really can't help you with your choice. When I consider Vancouver hotels, I choose amongst like hotels, the Wall Centre vs. Marriott Pinnacle vs. Waterfront Centre vs. Hyatt Regency. I never consider the Wedgewood because it's not my kind of place.

Seattle
Level Contributor
46 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sheraton Wall Centre vs. Wedgewood - Which one?

ronw -- Actually, you were helpful! I agree with you.. I like the newer, slicker rooms with a great view! To me, "personal" service is nice -- but a friendly, competent, efficient staff at a hotel is what I notice the most.

Thanks for your input!

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
18,525 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sheraton Wall Centre vs. Wedgewood - Which one?

one more thought for you. The hotels the previous poster listed for you are all priceline hotels. Even the Sheraton is a 4 star. I just came back and I got the waterfront Marriott Rennaissance for $35 per nite. You will usually get the Sheraton, Hyatt Regency or Marriott Pinnacle if you bid a 4 star. I know its a risk but unless you can get the Sheraton for around $50 priceline is a great deal. I stayed at the Wall Centre and I think my only complaint was the early closing hr of the pool and jacuzzi.

Raleigh, NC
Level Contributor
30 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sheraton Wall Centre vs. Wedgewood - Which one?

HI Lunchtime,

I see you decided no on Westin Grand now. What made you switch from Westin Grand to Sheraton?

TarHeel Traveler

Seattle
Level Contributor
46 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sheraton Wall Centre vs. Wedgewood - Which one?

Tarheel-- I really have reservations about the location of the Westin Grand. The Sheraton is only a couple blocks from Robson.. so it's closer than the Westin and while we'll have to give up the heavenlyl bed and soaking tub (sigh) - the Sheraton is still a nice hotel that I think we'd enjoy. (Plus - I'm hoping we have a great view from one of the higher floors of the hotel.)

That said - I have made a reservation at the Wedgewood too.. because I haven't completely ruled that place out yet. Part of me wants to see for myself what all the hub-ub is about!

UK
Level Contributor
66 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sheraton Wall Centre vs. Wedgewood - Which one?

Lunchtime. We have the same problem deciding betweenWedgewood and Westin Grand. The problem with Vancouver is there are too many good hotels. Has anyone any ideas on hotels downtown with outdoor swimming pools?

Seattle
Level Contributor
46 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sheraton Wall Centre vs. Wedgewood - Which one?

Grabybaby - Glad to know I'm not the only one in this predicament! Let me know which one you end up choosing!

CA
3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Sheraton Wall Centre vs. Wedgewood - Which one?

Am visiting Vancouver in late March with my 8 year old son. Any suggestions regarding Hotels and places to that will entertain an active father and son.

BOSTON
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Sheraton Wall Centre vs. Wedgewood - Which one?

WESTIN GRAND. Hands down. Outdoor swimming pool. Staff is the best there is. It is boutique enough that you will feel like you are waited on hand and foot. Views are killer. It is on Robson. Two very short block walk to get into the "shopping" literally a 2 minute walk, if that. Starbucks across the street. The city is totally walkable so wherever you stay, you can't really go wrong. I'd suggest calling the hotel directly and asking about the Heavenly Bed situation. I have stayed here at least 5 times and have never not had a Heavenly Bed and trust me when I tell you it is WELL WORTH IT. I think it is the double beds that may not be Heavenly. Dual shower heads, bathroom is killer. I will bet if you stay the Westin Grand you will post what a killer hotel it was. Good luck

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
4 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sheraton Wall Centre vs. Wedgewood - Which one?

Hi Lunchtime,

If you want to know which hotel is better, Sheraton WAll Centre

or Wedgewood, there is no question, stay at the Wedgewood.

I have stayed at both hotels and there is no question which is

better.

The Wedgewood has 2-room suites which are very nice and

comfortable. The dining room is very ellegant and service is

first class. You can not go wrong here. I have just returned

from Bermuda and the Owner of the hotel I stayed at wanted

to know where he should stay in August with his family and I

recommended the Wedgewood Hotel over any Sheraton Brand.

We travel extensively and used to stay in Sheraton Brand

hotels as I was a Preferred Guest Gold Member for many years, but I do not anymore.