We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

5 Days in Vancouver

Singapore, Singapore
2 posts
Save Topic
5 Days in Vancouver

Hi, my wife and i would be spending a total of 6 days in Vancouver from 18 May 13 to 22 May (Flying off on the 23rd). We are wondering what we should do as we are really interested in the following.

1) Chilliwack Whitewater rafting

2) Visiting the Rockies

My plan is to do a 4 D 3 N rockies visit and then spend the 5th day doing the Chilliwack Whitewater rafting. We are currenly looking for a budget way of touring the rockies and would need some advise on that!

Apart from the 2 mentioned places, any places that we should consider too? Also, possible to reccomend some nice place to stay in? We are looking at average to budget options.

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Vancouver
Vancouver
British Columbia, Canada
Chilliwack
Chilliwack
British Columbia, Canada
Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Destination Expert
for British Columbia
Level Contributor
9,290 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: 5 Days in Vancouver

I know the Chilliwack River from Chillliwack Lake down to the Fraser and have never seen it @ Class 4-saying the site as linked is full of hyperbole is being kind.

The only way a person could drown in that river is if they were non swimmers, dead drunk or both.

Note-I have also rafted the Chilco-Chilcotin from Chilco Lake to the Fraser-there are some *real* Class 4 rapids in that river.

Mentioned in this post
Chilliwack
Chilliwack
British Columbia, Canada
Vancouver, B.C.
Level Contributor
2,089 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: 5 Days in Vancouver

This was a few years back but someone did drown and they weren't drunk and probably could swim.

www.canada.com/vancouversun/news/story.html…

13. Re: 5 Days in Vancouver

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, February 10, 2014