We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tours 4 fun - Rockies rebviews

Which Vancouver hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
The Entrance...
Level Contributor
5 posts
173 reviews
Save Topic
Tours 4 fun - Rockies rebviews

Currently contemplating Tours 4 fun 8 days Rockies tour

Have you bin dere/ dun dat?

Anxious to hear as we have to pay very soon.[Jan 30].

We know the trip will be great but the company is new to us.

Any comments?

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
55,465 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tours 4 fun - Rockies rebviews

Hi AlanGelder ~

Read post 3 on the following recent thread:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g154943-i81-k56215…

Greater Sydney...
Level Contributor
15,554 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tours 4 fun - Rockies rebviews

G'day Alan,

Is this the one:

tours4fun.com/8-day-vancouver-rockies-tour.h…

If it is, I don't think I have ever seen a WORSE itinerary.

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
18,654 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tours 4 fun - Rockies rebviews

Interesting they say the tour will be in Chinese not only English

it's a very short abbreviated long travel day type of tour. Hotels listed are very motel Like And very budget oriented

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
55,465 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tours 4 fun - Rockies rebviews

I agree, if that's the tour, I fear you would be in for a rude shock. I've heard of speed dating, but from Vancouver return, this would be speed travelling.

The trip will not be great. You really need 4-6 nights for just Vancouver, Victoria, (Whistler.) Then you need 1 night minimum to get across the 850 km of the province to the Rockies. We usually recommend 4 nights in each of Jasper and Banff, with a full day to explore the Icefields Parkway. But 2 each would be minimum.

I also notice the typical spelling mistakes that go with English-second-language writing. The languages mentioned in the description say "Chinese and English (not pure English.)"

What to do? Have a look at the following thread, which is about a tour within the Rockies, but no matter, the companies mentioned in the thread will almost certainly offer tours from Vancouver to the Rockies in one form or another, meaning back to Vancouver or perhaps to Calgary. Do a bit of research for those companies to see if you can find something we could endorse.

Collette

Trafalgar

Globus

Caravan

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g154911-i221-k5230…

Look at Brewster too. www.brewster.ca

Edit: was typing while David posted. Some duplication of info.

Edited: 3:23 am, January 16, 2013
Greater Sydney...
Level Contributor
15,554 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tours 4 fun - Rockies rebviews

OK Alen, I have only give this itinerary one barrel so far and am about to fire the second barrel having more time now. I was under pressure to get the BBQ on earlier, then had the experience of the fresh kitty litter in the drip tray catching fire in a big way, son running for fire blanket and extinguisher, but meanwhile I hit it with the garden hose which did the trick. Bugger. Lamb loin chops were still very nice though, even though a little overcooked. :)

So, Day 1 Vancouver - you can walk/catch a cab to all those places named.

Day 2 Vancouver to Valemont - visit a Ginseng farm? Wow. That leg is 672 kms and 7 hours non-stop driving.

Day 3 Valemont to Banff via Jasper and the Icefields Parkway - that leg is 408 kms and 5 hours drive only time. You will have the opportunity to take photos through the coach windows of the signs to the wonderful scenic regions along the Icefields parkway I imagine, but at least stopping at the Icefields Centre and that can take 2 hours or more depending on the numbers that day. The vehicle you travel onto the glacier in has not been called the 'Snowcoach' for a few years now. Most people take up to 10 hours just to drive from Banff to Jasper there is so much to see.

Day 4 Banff to Salmon Arm/Vernon via Lake Louise - lunch at the Chateau, OK, but is that included in the price? Banff to Salmon Arm is 386 kms or 4.5 hrs, while Banff to Salmon Arm is 430 kms or a bit over 5 hours. I bet they go to Vernon which is a more direct route.

I am getting too depressed doing this that I give up. I also wonder why a photo of the Rocky Mountaineer train is shown connected to this itinerary as the trip is clearly all by road.

Do yourself a BIG favour and spend your 8 days in the Rockies, not just driving though them looking out the window of a coach.

Edited: 4:21 am, January 16, 2013
The Entrance...
Level Contributor
5 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tours 4 fun - Rockies rebviews

That's the one!.

Be there Aug/Sept.

Waddya think?

The Entrance...
Level Contributor
5 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tours 4 fun - Rockies rebviews

Mucho gracias Compadre.

Will do a Quick Rethink.

The Entrance...
Level Contributor
5 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tours 4 fun - Rockies rebviews

Taa Mate. Will do a re-think

Greater Sydney...
Level Contributor
15,554 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tours 4 fun - Rockies rebviews

Goodonyamate. :)

10. Re: Tours 4 fun - Rockies rebviews

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, January 18, 2014