We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel recommendation

Which Vancouver hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Herts England
Level Contributor
186 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel recommendation

My 16 year old daughter and I have one night in Vancouver next Aug on our way back to the UK from Alaska.

We arrive in the evening and don't fly out until about 1800 the next day. So the plan is to get up early and see some of the sights before heading off to the airport.

Any thoughts on a good location/hotel, (not too expensive)

Thanks in advance

Mo

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
56,342 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel recommendation

Hi nellymo ~

A hotel that is right in the Canada Line to the airport is the St Regis. It's steps away from whatever transit you might need, and is at city centre for walking.

"Not too expensive" is subjective, as you know.

Also have a look at the YWCA Hotel which is a 3-4 min Skytrain ride from Canada Line. This is a hotel, not a hostel and the best low cost value in town. Good location and handy transit.

Canada
Level Contributor
103 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel recommendation

One of my favourites is the Wedgewood hotel. Good price and larger rooms, great location.

3. Re: Hotel recommendation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, February 06, 2014