We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

18+ Clubs in Vancouver

Fairbanks, Alaska
4 posts
Save Topic
18+ Clubs in Vancouver

I will be traveling to Vancouver this summer, and am looking for clubs or bars that permit ages 18 and above. Any tips or suggestions are appreciated!

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
60,357 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 18+ Clubs in Vancouver

Welcome to the forum, BrennaMarie ~

All drinking establishments in British Columbia require age 19 and up, by law. All bar tenders will ask for valid ID. Keeping their business licence, not getting fined, depends on not serving alcohol to underage people.

Edited: 12:38 am, December 11, 2012
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
27,346 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 18+ Clubs in Vancouver

Yes, its 19 and up here. There are also underage clubs which don't serve alcohol if you are interested in those.

Fairbanks, Alaska
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 18+ Clubs in Vancouver

Yeah thanks! I am trying to find a list of some underage clubs- no alchohol. Anyone know of any?

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
7,432 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 18+ Clubs in Vancouver

I can't think of any place that identifies itself as an underage club in Vancouver. The term would be "all ages" but a quick Google search appears with nothing.

I'm afraid if you're 18 or under, you'd have to limit yourself to restaurants, lounges, and cafes rather than actual nightclubs.

Edited: 2:02 am, December 11, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
6,858 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: 18+ Clubs in Vancouver

All-ages clubs are much less common (non-existent?) in Canada because the regular drinking age isn't as high.

There are all-ages concerts, though (http://livevan.com/index.php?action=aa_shows), some of which are held in clubs.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
27,346 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 18+ Clubs in Vancouver

Ok, well, I'm well past 18, so I guess the places I used to go are all gone! lol

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
13,158 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 18+ Clubs in Vancouver

If Robyn doesn't know about it...it doesn't exist!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
2,008 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 18+ Clubs in Vancouver

Have you tried posting on other boards that may attract a younger crowd? As much as I promised myself when I was young that I would never lose touch with what was going on, somehow I have? Hmmmm. How did that happen?

9. Re: 18+ Clubs in Vancouver

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, December 18, 2013