We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where should we collect our rental car?

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
160 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Where should we collect our rental car?

We are spending 5 days in Vancouver in July before picking up our rental car to drive to the ferry at Tsawassen for our trip to Vancouver Island. What I'd like to know is where we should pick up our rental car? I've read that driving in Downtown can be stressful, so would it be a better option to get a taxi out to the airport and pick the car up there (I believe the airport is South of the city as is the ferry terminal?) Or is there somewhere more convenient out of town? We will be returning the car to Vancouver airport on the day we fly home.

Greater London...
Level Contributor
362 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Where should we collect our rental car?

That sounds great! Do you think it would be possible to "do" Vancouver Island in 6 days without a car? I know there is a train from Nanaimo to Victoria (and back!) but what about exploring places just outside Victoria like Sidney and Sooke? Also, how easy would it be to get back from the ferry to granville Island? I suppose there's plenty of taxis (as we will have all our luggage)?