We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vancouver Parking

Which Vancouver hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Honolulu
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Vancouver Parking

I am staying in Washington state and traveling by car to Vancouver. What is the best way to avoid spending a lot of money on parking? Any place I can park my car for little money and tour the city by public transportation?

vancouver
2 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Vancouver Parking

to datthecoast...I did a quick search following davidgmg's suggestion, and do find some unrestricted areas close to granville. E.x. pine st all the way north of w. 8th ave. Details can be seen by entering "2300 Pine St, Vancouver" in www.goparking.info and looking for those as "No Official Indication".

Some tips about unrestricted on street parking, in some cities it will be legal to park in the same street spot for up to 72 hours, while in some special cases like Toronto & Vancouver(only apply to parking in front of any residential property), the limit will be just 3 hours. North Vancouver & San Francisco are cities applying the 72 hours rule.(N. Van pls see http://www.cnv.org//server.aspx?c=3&i=701)

Further, for those 2-hour time-limit zones, as you mentioned above, they will become unrestricted beyond the specific period, say on weekends or after 6pm. Just my understanding. Hope it helps.

12. Re: Vancouver Parking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, February 09, 2014