We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dining in Vancouver

Which Vancouver hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Raleigh, NC
Level Contributor
30 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Dining in Vancouver

Suggestions needed for dining for a three night trip in April.

1.A must-not miss resturant. (Price doesn't matter here). We probably won't be back to vancouver for quite a while so what would cause us disappointment if we missed while there?

2. A good moderate priced restaurant (We certainly don't want to eat high-end our entire trip). Restaurants with entrees around $22 CAD and less.

Thank you!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
235 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dining in Vancouver

Top class restaurants I would suggest are Il Gardino, or any of the restaurants Umberto owns. The William Tell.

Vancouver has many first class restaurants

For less expensive, you could eat at any of the "Earl's", or

Cactus club's.

Gibsons BC
Level Contributor
55 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dining in Vancouver

CinCin on Robson St, Salmon House on the Hill in West Vancouver Raincity Grill The Boathouse HorseshoeBay Then there is the Keg and Milestones.

BC
Level Contributor
49 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dining in Vancouver

If you like pasta, Anton's on East Hastings in Burnaby is awesome and entres around $15 or less I think.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
235 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dining in Vancouver

The food is good at Anton's but you can't make a reservation and there is often quite a wait to get a seat.

Vancouver, Canada
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Dining in Vancouver

Hello there! I have always had a great meal and great service at Bishops on West 4th. Also I would recommend Lumiere on West Broadway. The owner and chef, Rob Feenie, will be one of the chefs participating on the North America Iron Chef competition on the Food Network (I think Feb 19/20?). CinCin's is good, too. Pick up a free copy of the weekly Georgia Straight which comes out every Thursday, which has entertainment and restaurant listings,etc. Their website is www.straight.com

I, too, agree about Milestones on Robson for a moderately priced meal. Like to go there for brunch. Never had a bad meal there.

Enjoy!

Raleigh, NC
Level Contributor
30 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dining in Vancouver

I thank everyone for their marvelous selections. Thanks for the website tip. I'll check it out. I'm enjoying reading and am getting great ideas.

Thanks!

Gibsons BC
Level Contributor
55 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dining in Vancouver

So many fine restaurants there is that one we forgot and that is the Tea House in Stanley Park a real nice place for dinner $$$$$.

dxb
Canada
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Dining in Vancouver

A good restaurant in Vancouver is Vij's located at Granville and 11th avenue. Each entree is about $25. However, you cannot miss out on this restaurant. The food is excellent (especially the lamb popsicles). If you go, be there at 5:30 (its actually better to start lining up early) because its a really busy restaurant. For more details go to <a href="http://www.vijs.ca">www.vijs.ca</a> .

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
102 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dining in Vancouver

Living in Seattle, we often visit Vancouver for a long weekend or even a day trip.

Last week we went up for a few days and ate at Yuji's. It is a Japanese Tapas restaurant. We don't have Japanese restaurants that come anywhere close, in Seattle, to Yuji's. The food was absolutely delicious....wonderful presentation and fair prices.

We are planning to take a group of friends up, just for a day trip,to have the experience of eating there again.

The address is 2059 West 4th Avenue. (604)734-4990

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,849 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Dining in Vancouver

As another poster said....Lumiere. I have dined here and it is great. For mid-fare, Milestone's, Earl's Cactus Club, etc...