We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

pick our dining experience!

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
440 posts
4 reviews
3 helpful votes
pick our dining experience!

Hello All,

I have gained valuable info from this forum. Now I am overwhelmed with trying to pick dinner for six nights for a party of three women. We all love to try new things and also love fine dining. We will be in Vancouver the first week of May.

Would you be so kind as to list the six best places to dine if you were planning your own ideal meals! We will have transportation so we can get around. We are staying downtown.

We would like to take one meal near the sea wall. An wonderful view would be a great plus.

Thanks!

calgary alberta
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
1 helpful vote
1. Re: pick our dining experience!

Dining in vancouver is a great experience. Although only in vancouver for a couple days, we had a great dining experience. I would reconmend for a meal along the sea wall you try the five sails restaurant at the Pan Pacific hotel. It has amazing views of the harbour and stanley park. the sea bass is amazing. I would reserve a window table.

Tucson, AZ
Level Contributor
442 posts
7 reviews
6 helpful votes
2. Re: pick our dining experience!

Coming up with 6 requires a bit of thought, but for one, take a look at my reply in this forum, post "Dining Out in Vancouver". The Liliget Feast house is close to English Bay, but there is no exterior view because it is located down from street level. But it offers an experience you are not likely to find elsewhere. It would fall more into the category of "try new things" than fine dining.

For choice #2, consider one of many Chinese or other Asian restaurants in Vancouver. Suggestions abound in this forum.

Seafood, of course, for the 3rd night.

A new, trendy restaurant for night 4. Check straight.com for their Golden Plate Awards. The critics' top pick for a new restaurant is Savory Coast Cucina Mediterranea.

For #5 and #6, put the names of 20 other top restaurants in a hat and pick out 2. Vancouver has so many fabulous restaurants, that it would be hard to go wrong.

Another web site for top restaurants is www.evevancouver.ca/food/bestrestaurants.htm. I agree with the review of Cioppino's Enoteca in Yaletown. It's wondrous dining at a decent price.

Canada
Level Contributor
2,619 posts
34 reviews
46 helpful votes
3. Re: pick our dining experience!

A couple of highly rated restaurants in Vancouver are C and Bishop's. You will get a fine dining experience at either of those. Another option is Vij's, which is an Indian fusion restaurant. It is highly rated and very popular.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
440 posts
4 reviews
3 helpful votes
4. Re: pick our dining experience!

Thanks everyone for all of the great suggestions! If anyone has more to add I'm looking to include a couple of lunch or brunch locations on the list!

calgary alberta
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
1 helpful vote
5. Re: pick our dining experience!

A great lunch spot is the boathouse restaurant. Hopefully it is sunny and the outdoor patio is open. the fish and chips that I had was amazing, probably the best I ever had. They use halibut for the fish. A great setting overlooking the bay

Tucson, AZ
Level Contributor
442 posts
7 reviews
6 helpful votes
6. Re: pick our dining experience!

For brunch/lunch, I recommend Provence Marinaside for their smoked salmon eggs benedict. You will want to reserve a window table or an outside one if the weather is pleasant. More of the menu can found at http://www.emenus.ca/provence/.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
440 posts
4 reviews
3 helpful votes
7. Re: pick our dining experience!

Thank you! I have made reservations from all the suggestions, I can hardly wait!

Gibsons, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
9,000 posts
23 reviews
91 helpful votes
8. Re: pick our dining experience!

Ooo.... Provence Marinaside! I just had my first late brunch with them last weekend and it was fantastic! Attentive service and delicious food. I had their goat's cheese & prosciutto panini with their grilled asparagus on the side. On a warm afternoon sitting on the patio with a bottle of wine, you really feel that you're on holiday there! :)

Also, Zaggy, have you given Vancouver Magazine's restaurant reviews a look? They're really accurate and will give you the broad spectrum on what's been voted "best" recently (in formal/casual categories of all cuisine types).

Here are their links:

www.vanmag.com/bites.html

www.vanmag.com/16th/restaurant_awards.html

Here are my top 6 for a party of 3 women (in no particular order and with no particular theme):

Parkside (www.parkside.ca)

Hapa Izakaya (www.dinehere.ca/restaurant.asp?r=38)

Simply Thai(www.simplythairestaurant.com)

Chambar (www.chambar.com)

Vij's (www.vijs.ca)

Salmon House on the Hill (www.salmonhouse.com)

These restaurants aren't of the stuffy variety, but tend to be fun, friendly, and delicious!

p.s. Also consider Elixir for brunch... it's a fantastic place for celebrity spotting. It's the only place in Vancouver where I've seen well-known celebrities 2/2 times that I've been. ;)

Gibsons, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
9,000 posts
23 reviews
91 helpful votes
9. Re: pick our dining experience!

Oops, make that www.parksiderestaurant.ca for Parkside's restaurant.

Comox,British...
Destination Expert
for Victoria
Level Contributor
1,685 posts
538 reviews
218 helpful votes
10. Re: pick our dining experience!

Zaggy

I wouldnt miss Monks in False Creek and also an interesting seafood resturant for ambience is the Cannery.Also BC Robyn has a web site with some excellent suggestions.I'm sure if you inquire of her she will give you the info