We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels offering cruise ship transfer packages

Which Vancouver hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New England
Destination Expert
for Ogunquit
Level Contributor
2,235 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels offering cruise ship transfer packages

I am looking for hotels downtown that either offer shuttles from airport to hotel and then to Canada Place, or hotels that offer a cruise ship transfer package.

Any recommendations appreciated

Vancouver BC
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
8,821 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels offering cruise ship transfer packages

Pan Pacific and Fairmont Waterfront are at the cruise terminal and a 300 metre walk from the Canada Line subway terminus.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
55,615 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels offering cruise ship transfer packages

This is a taxi town, or public transit. I can't think of one downtown hotel that offers an airport shuttle. A taxi will be about 30-35 minutes and about $35. Canada Line is easy and convenient.

What budget or * hotel rating are you thinking? The hotels mentioned are high end. There are 3* hotels close to the Canada Line if that interests you.

New England
Destination Expert
for Ogunquit
Level Contributor
2,235 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels offering cruise ship transfer packages

Thank you for the response. I would like a 3 diamond hotel. I actually found a couple of hotels that offer "cruise ship transfer packages"..waiting to hear back from them on their rates .

Northern NJ
8 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels offering cruise ship transfer packages

em-T-sails: Do you mind sharing which hotels offer the cruise ship transfers? I am also curious! Thanks!

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
55,615 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels offering cruise ship transfer packages

That would be very helpful actually.

Port Moody, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver, British Columbia
Level Contributor
11,152 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotels offering cruise ship transfer packages

Googling it appears that Best Western downtown offers some sort of cruise ship transfer.. imagine it would be a cab but will be interesting to see what OP comes up with.

New England
Destination Expert
for Ogunquit
Level Contributor
2,235 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotels offering cruise ship transfer packages

Yes, Best Western Downtown offers one but they have not yet come up with pricing for next summer when I am looking for it. It is not clear if it is taxis or shuttles. Also there is a Comfort Inn that offers a cruise transfer package

Here is the website for that:

vancouvercomfort.com/cruise-ship-packages.ht…

Princess cruise offers a package pre-cruise but in my opinion it is outrageously priced.

Port Moody, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver, British Columbia
Level Contributor
11,152 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotels offering cruise ship transfer packages

This Comfort Inn is actually on the north shore.. in North Vancouver..you would need to take transit , (bus and or seabus) to see Stanley park and other downtown attractions and to be close to restaurants etc.

As mentioned before almost any hotel in the downtown area from the Sylvia to the Westin Bayshore to the Y Hotel is at most a $10 cab ride to the cruise ship terminal. I'd find a hotel that suits your needs and budget and is situated in the downtown area so you can access all that Vancouver has to offer... what you'll do of course depends on how long you will be in town before your cruise.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
55,615 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotels offering cruise ship transfer packages

Staying downtown would be preferable. If you have a short period of time, you will enjoy being able to walk out the front door and immediately enjoy the city.

A taxi from any downtown hotel to the cruise ship would cost you between $10 and $15. I would encourage you to think twice about focussing on a shuttle service connected to a hotel rather than a 3* hotel. I would hesitate to endorse the Best Western Downtown because of the location. It is at the edge of our Entertainment Strip which includes clubs, bars and lounges, all closing well after midnight. I would suggest that the shuttle service captures the attention of visitors like you, who have no idea about that area.

There is a different Comfort Inn at Granvile and Nelson, but the same Entertainment Strip applies.

I am guessing that you are looking for convenience for any number of reasons. However, you could consider taking Canada Line which is pretty straightforward and quite easy to use. It would cost either $7.50 or $8.75 pp depending on the day and time of day. A 3* hotel near Canada Line that might suit you is the St. Regis, only 1 block from Vancouver City Station.

Other 3* hotels that you could take a taxi to (35 min $35) would be: Coast Coal Harbour at Hastings and Bute, Blue Horizon at Robson and Bute.

And possibly the Moda, which is an older boutique hotel, in a good and safe location, only two blocks from Vancouver City Center station. Do read the reviews:

tripadvisor.com/…CHECK_RATES_CONT

I do think you will be shortchanging yourself to put a shuttle service ahead of a decent hotel in a decent downtown location. But run them by us for comment. We could be pleasantly surprised. I would add that a hotel shuttle will not be taxis.

New England
Destination Expert
for Ogunquit
Level Contributor
2,235 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotels offering cruise ship transfer packages

Thank you for the suggestions. We are mostly concerned about the luggage transfer. There will be 4 of us with lots of bags.

Good to know about thses locations. i will definately read reviews to get best idea.