We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone have any opinion on Pacific Car Rentals?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
4 posts
174 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone have any opinion on Pacific Car Rentals?

I was thinking of renting a car to go for a roadtrip that is relatively inexpensive in Vancouver and Googling it pops up this company called Pacific Car Rentals. Its located along West Georgia according to their website and another at West Hastings street. Anyone has any idea if they are reputable and affordable?

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
59,184 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone have any opinion on Pacific Car Rentals?

I've never head of this company. Well done, for investigating. The thing I like to recommend people do, especially with car rental companies is to look them up on the BBB website. This company has no rating with BBB. BBB commenced a file on PCR just a month ago. This could mean the company is very new or it could mean that it has somehow just come to the attention of BBB. Anyway, here is the (lack of) rating:

bbb.org/mbc/business-reviews/automobile-rent…

Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Destination Expert
for British Columbia
Level Contributor
8,691 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone have any opinion on Pacific Car Rentals?

They're across the street from a large Budget franchise on Georgia St-I stopped in and talked to Staff in the past and they were quite pleasant & informative.

However online reviews are poor so I never did use them

www.yelp.ca/biz/pacific-car-rentals-vancouver

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
4 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone have any opinion on Pacific Car Rentals?

Hmmm... well thanks for replying. I guess the only thing I can do is actually go down to talk to them and see if they are reasonably priced

Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Destination Expert
for British Columbia
Level Contributor
8,691 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone have any opinion on Pacific Car Rentals?

Talking is fine-it's what they hit you with upon returning the vehicle that stings-and you will be stung since they don't include mileage.

australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone have any opinion on Pacific Car Rentals?

They are a small company.. few cars.. poor service.. AND certainly more expensive than the bigger companies. They charge $30 for insurance for a $1000 excess. They also charge for excess kms over 250. Overall, I would avoid this company.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
177 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone have any opinion on Pacific Car Rentals?

Shuartini - I am not sure what you mean by excess kms over 250. Do you mean that you were charged over $250.00 for kms when you rented the car? How far did you drive? I'm going to whistler for the day and they have a car that I'd want to try.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
59,184 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anyone have any opinion on Pacific Car Rentals?

Interestingly, the BBB link in post 1 now has a complaint (resolved) about this company and a letter grade for them.

australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anyone have any opinion on Pacific Car Rentals?

They charge for every km over 250.. They are not meant to charge until 300 km if u are going to whistler but they turned back on their promise and still charged for it!!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
177 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Anyone have any opinion on Pacific Car Rentals?

thanks for letting me know, I think I will avoid them. google reviews are not very positive about them either, but it's hard to tell a real review from fake these days.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
4 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Anyone have any opinion on Pacific Car Rentals?

I finally got the time off to do my road trip with my buddies in early September. I did try Pacific Car Rentals even with the negative reviews only because they are cheaper than even Budget car rentals. I actually had a good experience with them. I got a really nice and new Hyundai Sonata that is a joy to drive in and fuel efficient too. It was a bonus in fact since my buddies and I booked a mid size car but they were sold out and they gave us the Sonata as a full sized sedan as a Free Upgrade.We drove to Kelowna. Yeah, we also did get only 250 free Kms per day but because we rented it for 5 days, we had 1,250 free kms in total and any km over is charged 20 cents so it did not amount to alot. We were also able to negotiate a good deal with them regarding GPS where they only charge us half price because we were renting for 5 days. Overall, we were pretty satisfied with our rental car experience from Pacific Car Rentals