We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Burnaby

Boca Raton, Florida
Level Contributor
467 posts
73 reviews
Save Topic
Burnaby

I will be staying at a hotel in Burnaby for a day during my trip in March and am wondering if there is anything worth seeing? The village appears to only be open during the summer months but I am wondering if there is anything else there besides the SFU? Also, is getting to SFU easy by public transportation or is a taxi required?

Vancouver
Level Contributor
90 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Burnaby

Where abouts in Burnaby are you staying?

It is easy to get to SFU on public transit, although during the summer months its not busy since most of the students are out and there really isn't much to see....i went there for school so i know.....

I think the only real draw to Burnaby would be Metrotown Centre - the huge shopping mall....other than that there isn't much!

However, you can simply hop on the skytrain and head down into Vancouver where there is much more to see and do!

Vancouver
Level Contributor
281 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Burnaby

Jes, I agree - if you are anywhere near a skytrain station you are no more than 15 minutes away from the heart of downtown Vancouver, surrounding Granville, Burrard, and Waterfront stations. It would be a shame to miss a chance to see Vancouver when you're so close!