We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

World Trip Starting in Vancouver

Which Vancouver hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney
Level Contributor
190 posts
1 review
Save Topic
World Trip Starting in Vancouver

Having planned my Accom. based on comments in this Forum I thought let people know how it all went.

First Stop Vancouver for 3 days, stayed at Hampton Inn & Suites Downtown Vancouver Excellent accom. Nice downstairs restaraunt.Top class great view in large beautiful room. Staff were extremely helpfull and breakfast included. Showers/room available up stairs for early arrivals and late departures. Area a little doubtful at night although we experienced no problems. Excellnt value.

Took train overnight to Jasper, left 5 hours late. Accom in Jasper was Alpine Village which again were 2ks from town and great. Extremely large and comfortable Cabin with log fire and nicely furnished. Right across a little used Rd was the beautiful Athabasca River and a wonderfull view of Mountains. Everything clean and lovely grounds. Elk grazing on the lawn and enjoyed a 3 day stay.

Drove to Canmore and stayed 3 nights at Best Western in a Deluxe Suite for $C180 per night,Lounge room and large bedroom both with firepaces and biggest double bed I have ever seen,2 TVs and again largest and best equipped en suite we saw, double vanity and 2 person whirlpool bathtub. Great view of Mountains and nice 20min walk into shopping centre. Bears Paw Cafe has great meals. Lots of great drives in area . Go visit Kanakais Country.

Drove back to Jasper to rejion train which was only 30mins late. All the way then to Toronto to stay with friends. Train was great with wonderfull views and quality service. Stayed in double cabin with bed and amenites with two chairs for daytime viewing. (Good tip) leave one bunk down for a afternoon sleep and use lounge and viewing car for daytime seats. good way to meet people and not be stuck in your little room.

We then moved on to Rome ,details on Rome Forum

Calgary, Alberta...
Level Contributor
3,855 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: World Trip Starting in Vancouver

Thanks for the feedback, clintjake. Glad to hear you had a good time.