We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grouse Mountain in September

Which Vancouver hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Diego
8 posts
Save Topic
Grouse Mountain in September

Tomorrow is our 4th day in Vancouver, and we're thinking about a trip to Grouse Mountain. I read one post saying the view from the top was not good on a cloudy day. As the forecast for tomorrow calls for mostly cloudy and chance of showers, should we pass on Grouse, or is it still worth the trip (as well as $30 for the sky ride)? If so, can public transportation get us there, or would it be advisable to rent a car for the day?

essex uk
Level Contributor
26 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grouse Mountain in September

hi hope you are enjoying vancouver,we were at grouse mountain in august the views were spectacular the weather that day was clear and sunny.I dont think you will get quite the same enjoyment if it is cloudy and raining.We took the seabus to north Vancouver, then got on the bus that was waiting at the bus depot,the bus takes you right to grouse mountain

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
6,932 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grouse Mountain in September

Skip it on a cloudy/rainy day. You'll essentially be in a fog bank with absolutely no view. Public transportation would get you there, but I wouldn't pay $30 on a cloudy day. Instead, I'd head to the Museum of Anthropology at UBC, or I'd head to Lighthouse Park in West Vancouver for a hike. At least at Lighthouse Park, you'd be able to see even if it was rainy and cloudy... and there's something magical about walking in an unlogged temperate rainforest in the rain... as for the most part, even though it's damp, the trees catch all the rain, and the walk below the tree canopy is cozy and enchanting. You can get to Lighthouse Park via public transportation if you enter Lighthouse Park into the www.translink.bc.ca's website under "Trip Planning".

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
6,932 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grouse Mountain in September

And if you're downtown Vancouver, you'd hop on the Horseshoe Bay (I think numbered 250 - it's the only Horseshoe Bay bus) infront of The Bay's south entrance, on Georgia Street (between Granville and Seymour).

San Diego
8 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Grouse Mountain in September

Thanks all. We ended up checking out Gastown in the morning, and went to Van Dusen Botanical Gardens in the afternoon. Gastown was a little on the touristy side, but the steam powered clock was cool. Van Dusen was outstanding. It was far down on the list of Vancouver attractions, but we totally dug it. Incredible array of plants and flowers. If you are into natural beauty, I highly recommend it. Don't miss the hedge maze!