We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Authentic Indian/Pakistani Food at Very Reasonable Prices

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Authentic Indian/Pakistani Food at Very Reasonable Prices

While in Vancouver, I am looking for authentic Indian/Pakistani cuisine at very reasonable prices. I like spicy food, so it's o.k even if the food is spicy. I will be staying in downtown in the Sheraton Wall Center hotel.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
56,577 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Authentic Indian/Pakistani Food at Very Reasonable Prices

The India Gate resto on Robson Street, between Granville and Seymour Streets, does a very nice meal at reasonable prices. If you go to Granville Island, there is a miniature outpost of Rubina Tandoori in the prepared foods area (far west of the market) that cooks whatever is freshest, with consistently delicious results. Vij's is on Granville and 11th Avenue, but is more chic Indian, not the usual lineups - but it's gotten rave reviews since opening.

There are a lot of places from which to choose, but not many downtown.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
361 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Authentic Indian/Pakistani Food at Very Reasonable Prices

I second that Vij's is awesome -- but it isn't that cheap. Great for a plurge though.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
7,555 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Authentic Indian/Pakistani Food at Very Reasonable Prices

Vij's is excellent, but it's not traditional Indian cuisine... it's fusion food, albeit, the highest-rated Indian fusion in the city.

A lot of Vancouver's authentic Indian/Pakistani restaurants are located a bit out of downtown, along Fraser Street south of Broadway, along Kingsway, or along Main and 49th. Vancouver Magazine published their 16th Annual Restaurant Reviews online, which includes best Indian (both casual & high end): www.vanmag.com/16th/restaurant_awards.html - ypu might want to take a quick look there.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,849 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Authentic Indian/Pakistani Food at Very Reasonable Prices

As others have said, India Gate on Robson/Seymour, Vij's for a Indo-Western fusion or the often overlooked, but highly popular, Dehli-dar-bar on Main Street, between 7th and 6th Ave.