We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Manchester to Vancouver via Chicago

shrewsbury
Level Contributor
19 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Manchester to Vancouver via Chicago

Travel bmi via chicago 1hr 50min between flight to vancouver united airlines is this a bit tight any thoughts

London, Canada
Level Contributor
3,759 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Manchester to Vancouver via Chicago

You might have better luck posting this on the Chicago TA forum as more people there would be familiar with O'Hare and the layout of the airport. You could also try the fodors.com forum as there is often detailed airline advice given there.

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Chicago
Level Contributor
2,391 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Manchester to Vancouver via Chicago

I've never had to connect through Ohare since I live in Chicago, but you should be fine. You won't have time to shop in the terminal, but I think you'll make your flight.

International flights arrive in Terminal 5. You need to claim your luggage to clear Border Security. Immediately after you exit Customs/Immigration, United has a counter where you recheck your bags for the remainder of your flight.

United's North American flights leave from terminals 1 and 2. From the baggage check, go upstairs to the tram. It stops at all three domestic terminals. The ride to Terminal 1 is less than 10 minutes. Just make sure you catch the tram going back to the termials and not out to the parking lots. Also, allow time for security as you'll have to undergo screening again at Terminal 1. Have a good trip.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
237 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Manchester to Vancouver via Chicago

I have connected with flights through Chicago several times and never had a problem. My time between flights as usually been about a hour and a half.