We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vancouver in Mid March

Which Vancouver hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
UK
3 posts
Save Topic
Vancouver in Mid March

Hi all,

will be travelling from n.ireland to vancouver to see my son in march for 1 week. I'm thinking about hiring a car for a few days so i can pack as much in as possible, just need some advice to get the most out of my trip to see my son.

UK
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Vancouver in Mid March

just to let ya know he's 11 years old.

Thanks for any advice :)

Kelowna, B.C.
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Vancouver in Mid March

hi, good to hear about your trip! in the early spring like that there is alot to do in vancouver, beautiful city! if you are coming to the okanaga, (kelwona, vernon, kamloops area) please let us know, and check out our website, it has all the links you need for things to do, and where to go, directions etc, its www.theeaglesnestbandb.com, my name is Al

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
235 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vancouver in Mid March

A lad your son's age may enjoy Vancouver aquarium, the miramax theatre and the Telus science centre. If either of you have any interest in astronomy or boats visit the Planetarium. The maritime museum is right next door to the planetarium.

You could take a ride to the top of Grouse Mtn. on the Gondola to view the Grizzly bear cubs. I doubt they will be hibernating in March. Even if they are I am sure your lad would enjoy the ride up the mountain. If it is a clear day you have a great view over the whole city. Also possibly a visit to Capilano Canyon.

During March it may be raining quite a bit so I would tend to plan on doing indoor things. There is lots to do and see here at any time of the year.

I have been to NI and I think you will find the weather in Vancouver postively balmy compared to Belfast. :)

I hope you have a great holiday.

Keith