We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Does the downtown hotels have air conditioning in their...

Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
95 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Does the downtown hotels have air conditioning in their...

Does July is consider summer in Vancouver?

I read in this site, below "The Coast Plaza Suite & Hotel" that the room does not have air conditioner. Does it's true?

Which will be the temperature for July?

Mentioned in this post
Vancouver
Vancouver
British Columbia, Canada
Coast Plaza Hotel & Suites
Coast Plaza Hotel...
1,542 Reviews
Vancouver, Canada
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
198 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Does the downtown hotels have air conditioning in their...

Temperatures in Vancouver average about 22 celsius or 75 farenheit in july.. in the evening the tem drops to betwenn 13-16 celsius.. this is why many places do not have air conditioning.. also although it is on the ocean there is very little humidity such as you find on the east coast. you will almost always need a sweater or some wrap in the evening when you are outside. today it was about 24 in the afternoon it has already dropped to 15 and there is a breeze. hope this helps.. very rarely it gets into the high 80's in july but never at night.. also it can rain in july ( or any time)

Mentioned in this post
Vancouver
Vancouver
British Columbia, Canada
Westcoast_Girl
Level Contributor
320 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Does the downtown hotels have air conditioning in their...

You will almost never need air conditioning in a hotel room in Vancouver in July. If you get a hotel where the window opens, the night breeze will be all you need. If the windows do not open, the hotel will most likely have air conditioning or a fan that has a "cool" option.

I wouldn't worry about it - in fact, you will be very lucky if it gets hot enough in July that air conditioning will be necessary!

Mentioned in this post
Vancouver
Vancouver
British Columbia, Canada
Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
95 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Does the downtown hotels have air conditioning in their...

Thanks a lot for this helpful information. I was very concern about it, because is my first time to visit Vancouver, and I supposed that all the hotels have air conditioning. I have a girl with asthma and the humidity in some places is not good for her.

Here, in Puerto Rico the temperature is about 93 Farenheit, but today feels like 100 or more. It's super hoooottt!!!

Thank you , again.

Mentioned in this post
Vancouver
Vancouver
British Columbia, Canada