We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tofino

Manchester,England
Level Contributor
166 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Tofino

Hi Folks

My wife and I wish to fly to Calgary from the UK. Pick up a car, drive to Vancouver and spend a week at Torfino. Is this possible to do in 14 days??

Also how long will it take to go from Vancouver to Tofino and can you drive there??

Many thanks

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
7,283 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tofino

Yes, you can drive there but you'll need to take a ferry to get to Vancouver Island from Vancouver. From Vancouver it makes sense to drive to the Horseshoe Bay ferry terminal (about a 30-45 minute drive north-west of downtown). Once on the ferry, it takes one hour and 40 minutes to cross the Strait of Georgia and arrive in Nanaimo. The drive from Nanaimo to Tofino takes 3 hours (you cross a mountain chain en route).

What you're planning can certainly be done in 2 weeks. I imagine you're planning to fly back to the UK from Vancouver?

Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver Island
Level Contributor
2,506 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tofino

What time of year do you intend to make this trip?

Manchester,England
Level Contributor
166 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tofino

Thanks for the feedback

Yes we intend to fly back from vancouver. Time of year is tricky. We don't want to go in the peak summer months (july/August) but maybe September. But the weather might not be great then? Having said that we are not using this holiday as a " slob in the sun"

I plan to book accomadation along the way on the net. Finally a cabin for a week in tofino. Any links that may help me would be most appreciated especially Tofino

4. Re: Tofino

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, September 10, 2009