We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport from Kitsilano into city

Bradford England
Level Contributor
204 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Transport from Kitsilano into city

We will be visiting Vancouver for the first time from England next year. We are renting a car to get to Vancouver but then we hand it back once there. We are staying in the Kitsilano district, and wondered what the public transport was like from there. My husband cannot do a lot of walking, and we would prefer not to have to use taxis all the time.

Is there a discount ticket you can buy for the buses to use for a few days? When we were in San Francisco it was possible to get a three day pass for unlimited travel - I was wondering if there was anything similar in Vancouver.

Many thanks in advance

Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Destination Expert
for British Columbia
Level Contributor
8,487 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Transport from Kitsilano into city

There's a day pass avaialable for busses http://translink.bc.ca/

Bradford England
Level Contributor
204 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transport from Kitsilano into city

Thanks SamSalmon for your very prompt reply!

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
7,157 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transport from Kitsilano into city

The day passes can be purchased all at once and used on whatever day you need them. Once they're activated, they expire on midnight of that day. The Translink website should hopefully state where you can purchase them, because you can't purchase them on the bus, but from convenience stores, pharmacies, and official Translink retailers.

Mid-Wales, U.K.
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transport from Kitsilano into city

Having just returned from Vancouver where my son lives in the Kitsilano area, i can vouch for the bus service, as we used it extensively during our 3 week stay :)

As said previously, books of 10 tickets for CAN$18 are available from small shops, etc. The tickets we had were relevant for Zone 1 and were valid for 1.5 hours once validated, but could be used on both buses and the SkyTrain. If going out of Zone 1, the facilty to upgrade to Zone 2 is available at machines in the SkyTrain stations or on the bus as you begin your journey.

We also found the Translink website brilliant for planning journies out of Vancouver e.g. down to White Rock for the day to meet my cousin.

http://tripplanning.translink.bc.ca/hiwire

HTH :)

5. Re: Transport from Kitsilano into city

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 pm, September 10, 2009