We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Days required for Vancouver?

Mumbai
Level Contributor
96 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Days required for Vancouver?

Hi,

I will be visiting Canada for the first time. Please let me know how many days do i need to allocate to Vancouver so that I am able to cover the local sights like:

1. Capilana Suspension Bridge

2. Stanley Park

3. Burnaby Village Museum

<b>Do let me know if I have missed out something <b>

Also, I have kept one day for Victoria (day trip).

Can I cover Whistler in a day trip or shall i go from Vancouver to Whistler and then Kamloops while on my way to Jasper??

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
818 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Days required for Vancouver?

Hi amikmk,

3 days in Vancouver to cover the major sites is ideal in my opinion but for the three sites you mentioned could be jammed into 1 day or better in 2 days. What month or season were you considering for your visit?

Victoria and Whistler are better for 2 days as it does involve some travel time.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Days required for Vancouver?

If you are going to Capilano, consider also stopping by Grouse Mountain, only a few minutes from there.

http://www.grousemountain.com/

I would suggest visiting Downtown Vancouver, Robson Street (Shopping District) when you before or after your Stanley Park visit as it is nearby.

I would probably skip Burnaby Village for Granville Island instead.

Mumbai
Level Contributor
96 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Days required for Vancouver?

I am gonng be there from 23 Sep onwards. Number of days have not been decided as yet. Was waiting for your replies.

Can i do Whistler on the way to Kamloops (i know there might be a slight diversion) .... also what is there to see on the way/in Kamloops.

I am actually planning to go to Jasper via Whistler & Kamloops ( overnight halt in Kamloops)

Plz advise

4. Re: Days required for Vancouver?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 pm, September 07, 2009