We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vancouver next weekend

Pc, Ut
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Vancouver next weekend

Hi all,My brother and I are heading to Van next weekend for a few days. Thing is, we have a freebie at the Metropolitan Hotel downtown. While it appears to be a very nice place, it is not really our kind of place. Very high-end and stylish, while I have been living in casual budget digs as I have been working round the world the last several years. My question: are there plenty of casual pubs and eateries nearby? Any specific recommends? Thanx much. g

Vancouver, BC
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Vancouver next weekend

There are lots and lots of casual restaurants, cafes, etc in the downtown Vancouver area. The whole range of food styles as well. Lots of ethnic restaurants. Independents and chains. You won't be disappointed.

Vancouver, Canada
11 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Vancouver next weekend

Hi:

You asked for "specific recommends" so here goes - all within several blocks of the Met.

Doolins Irish Pub (Granville & Nelson); Malones Bar & Grill (Pender and Seymour); Kitto Japanese (833 Granville at Robson)); India Gate (616 Robson near Granville); and if you want great Italian coffee and snacks (avoid the ubiquitous Starbucks) and find Artigianos (there's one near Pender and Hornby and another on Hornby near Robson - go at off peak hours as they're small and can be busy). And while you're walking to any of these places you'll probably find several more. Walk west on Robson for Japanese, Italian, (higher priced), or there's lots of cheap places of all kinds on Granville. Enjoy.

-Shipjohnny.

Vancouver BC
Level Contributor
185 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vancouver next weekend

Shipjohnny - one of the Artigiano's you mention is at Pender and Thurlow (not Hornby)!! It's right by my office and is SUPERB coffee. Otherwise great advice for restaurants :)

surrey bc
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Vancouver next weekend

lol I too had a freebie there a couple of years ago, and again not my type of place!!!Check out www.clubvibes.com for info on the nite life and such ;)