We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

affordable accomodations Ucluelet or Tofino

Chilliwack
2 posts
Save Topic
affordable accomodations Ucluelet or Tofino

I am hoping to get my two girls ages 12 and 14 over to the coast this summer. We are looking at sometime during the last two weeks of July. Although what I am finding on the web for cabins is too highly priced for me. If you have any ideas please reply. We are from Chilliwack, bc. Thanks. Oh yes we have a small dog.

British Columbia...
Level Contributor
69 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: affordable accomodations Ucluelet or Tofino

Try this site:

http://www.reefpointcottages.com/

We stayed there last September and really enjoyed it. The kitchenette had more kitchen "gadgets" than expected. Super clean and almost brand-new.

Close to the lighthouse in Ucluelet.

Vancouver Island, BC
Level Contributor
195 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: affordable accomodations Ucluelet or Tofino

This place is in Ucluelet. I have never stayed there, but the rates during the summer are fairly inexpensive. Only $20 for the dog! :)

http://www.westcoastcabins.com/index.htm

Vancouver Island, BC
Level Contributor
195 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: affordable accomodations Ucluelet or Tofino

This log cabin (Florencia Bay Cottage) is $210 per night in the summer and accepts dogs. It is near Florencia Bay which is a lovely spot, a short 5 minute drive from Ucluelet. Here is their website...

http://www.florenciabay.ca/index.htm

Vancouver Island, BC
Level Contributor
195 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: affordable accomodations Ucluelet or Tofino

This one (Norah House - studio loft cottage) is $175 per night (including tax) in the summer. They will accept pets, but they have to be pre-approved. Located in Ucluelet.

www.norahhouse.com/pages/569194/index.htm

Vancouver Island, BC
Level Contributor
195 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: affordable accomodations Ucluelet or Tofino

This is a 1 bedroom beach home that looks absolutely beautiful. The minimum stay is 7 nights (from Saturday to Saturday) for $1,700 or roughly $242 per night. Not sure if that is getting up there for you or not. It is on South Chesterman Beach near Tofino (a gorgeous beach).

www.my-tofino.com/accommodations/tb7.htm

Vancouver Island, BC
Level Contributor
195 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: affordable accomodations Ucluelet or Tofino

Check out some of the other homes/cabins in both Tofino and Ucluelet on that last website I just posted (just click on the accommodation tab and then on either Tofino Cabins or Ucluelet Cabins). There are a couple of other places that might be suitable.

Hope these help you out! Gotta run!

Vancouver BC
Level Contributor
185 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: affordable accomodations Ucluelet or Tofino

I stayed at the Crab Dock B&B for the May long weekend (in Tofino) with my bf and dog. The place was great! The folks are very friendly, and the B&B setup is great. There is a kitchen for your use so if you don't want to eat out one more time, you've got it all there. They have three rooms, one double+twin beds, one with 2 twins, and one with a double. We had the double+twin room for $100 a night which was extremely well priced for Tofino. Highly recommended.

Victoria, B.C.
Level Contributor
367 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: affordable accomodations Ucluelet or Tofino

Another possible option is the Whalers on the Point Guesthouse – www.tofinohostel.com.

Yes, it is a hostel, but thought very well of from all I’ve read … including Frommer’s if that helps, who gave it a 3 star ;-) -- frommers.com/destinations/…H45462.html

A private room (for 3), during the high season, is listed as $85.00 – plus taxes, I assume. If you’re interested, you’ll have to call or e’mail because it’s only the dorm rooms that can be booked online.

Oh … can’t remember seeing anything about pets, so I guess e’mailing them would be wise.

Hope your family has a wonderful time in Tofino!

Cheers

Lloydminster
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: affordable accomodations Ucluelet or Tofino

I would probably suggest to avoid the MacKenzie Beach Resort. Although it sounds and looks real good, The management team leaves a lot to be desired. We found the rooms dirty and the resort in need of alot of maintenance.

canada
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: affordable accomodations Ucluelet or Tofino

What about the Middle Beach Lodge? I have read great things about them on this website - can anyone confirm?

Get answers to your questions about Tofino