We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eloping to Vancouver Island....Tofino?

Which Tofino hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
13 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
Eloping to Vancouver Island....Tofino?

Needing some direction...... So I canceled my wedding and told him let's elope! Here's the question: Anyone know/experienced planning an wedding ceremony in Tofino or in the area without using a wedding planner? Our issue obviously is getting witnesses. I've looked at a few packages but not completely convinced yet. (take note we're hoping to come first week in April 2013) All we want is our own intimate ceremony preferably outside.....maybe by the ocean or maybe in a forest? Definitely don't want it by a fireplace indoors!

Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
798 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Eloping to Vancouver Island....Tofino?

My nephew got married at Black Rock in February and it was fine. It can rain there any time of the year. Crystal Cove is also very pretty and very intimate. Beautiful log cabins right on the beach. You could have the ceremony on that beach or right on the deck of your cabin. There have been weddings there before. Wickanninish is gorgeous but quite expensive, athough shouldn't be as much in April

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
4 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Eloping to Vancouver Island....Tofino?

I suggest you get married on Vargas Island.... you really can't beat that! Take to the Tofino Water Taxi, there is a lodge out there too. Conversley, camp on the Inn Chanter at Hot Springs Cove, take Atleo Air to Pretty Girl Lake ....

Sounds like you are both up to the adventure of marriage so why not pick some location that has adventure all over it! Don't forget your surf board!

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
170 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Eloping to Vancouver Island....Tofino?

I've seen some pictures of gorgeous weddings at the Middle Beach Lodge. I'm sure the lovely folks there could arrange everything for you. If you're looking for photographers, I especially love Marnie Recker.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,346 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Eloping to Vancouver Island....Tofino?

We eloped 27 years ago, beginning of May, and stayed at Sooke Harbour House. A commissioner came and the owners were our witnesses. We stayed for a long weekend and had a wonderful time ;)

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,346 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Eloping to Vancouver Island....Tofino?

What about

http://www.pointnopointresort.com/

It's a beautiful location, has cozy cabins. Maybe they could help you organize a commissioner.

Edited: 1:49 pm, April 01, 2013
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
54,724 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Eloping to Vancouver Island....Tofino?

Congratulations gatopaja! A long time now.

A heads up. The OP was planning first week of April. This week. If things aren't finalized by now, there might not even be a first anni ..... :-)

27. Re: Eloping to Vancouver Island....Tofino?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, April 03, 2014