We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tofino in September

Wildwood
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Tofino in September

Hello everyone!

I am planning a trip to the island for the end of september and am wondering what the climate is like.... we will be in Parkville for a few days and then are heading over to the Tofino area.

Also any suggestions on where to stay in Tofino or Uclulet... we will be travelling with our 4 year old and I am noticing that alot of smaller places and B&B's on the beach do not allow young ones. But I would like to find a private and quiet place to stay -- that is on the beach or within walking distance to it.

Thanks for your help!!

Calgary, AB
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tofino in September

Hi! - You and your family will absolutely love Chesterman Beach B and B. Todd and Lynda have the most beautiful B&B in the world and it is right on gorgeous Chesterman Beach. They offer three "units". In the large house - Ocean Breeze suite - main floor of their home, fully equipped kitchen, living room, sun room, bathroom, two bedrooms and beautiful deck. They have one small suite called "Look Out" - absolutely lovely but not large enough for your family I think. They also have their Garden Cottage behind their large house. We have stayed there and LOVED it. Lovely kitchen and eating area, living room (sofa makes into bed), lovely comfy bedroom and bath. For your family, I would recommend either the Cottage or Ocean Breeze. September will be super in Tofino - give it a try. I know you will not be disappointed!

All the best,

DD

Vancouver Island
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tofino in September

You will love both Parksville Tofino in September!! Most of the tourists will be gone and the beaches will be all yours. Don't forget to write messages in the sand and take pictures.... (IE: wish you were here!!)

In Tofino, all the restaurants and shops will be open, so no worries there. Some of them are seasonal, but don't close or alter hours of business until a little later in the season.

Parksville gets lovely weather in Sept. Generally beautiful warm days (70-75), but not hot. Evenings will have started to cool off, so fleece jackets, hoodies etc. work great Most of us locals can still be found wearing shorts and flipflops!

Being so far up the coast and on the water, Tofino's climate is generally about 10 to 15 degrees cooler during the day than say Victoria, Nanaimo and Parksville. So, be prepared to dress a little warmer there. You never know when you'll get a warm spell or a cool one, so just be prepared for either. There will be minimal rain, though Tofino sometimes gets foggy, which makes it feel humid and a little cooler.

Have fun exploring the wild west coast!!