We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Request for suggestions on Tofino Itinerary

San Francisco
Level Contributor
25 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Request for suggestions on Tofino Itinerary

We are considering following as an itinerary. However we are completely open to suggestions, especially from experienced travelers and/or local experts.

Day 1: Drive from Seattle via Tsawasseen, BC and Duke point and Port Albani to Tofino. Stop over at Cathedral Grove along the way.

Day 2: Early morning walk on Chesterman Beach. Spend the whole day in Pacific Rim National Park: Wickaninnish Beach and Interpretive Centre, Radar Hill, Schooner's Cove, The Bog, and The Rainforest Trail (B), Long Beach, Hot Springs Cove

Day 3: Early morning walk on Chesterman Beach. May be take a Whale watching tour or Bear Watching Tour. Along the way back, take Amphitrite Lighthouse trail and reach Victoria same night.

As always, our vacation is short and may not be sufficient but we like to make most of it without rushing too much.

In addition, can anyone suggest activities if starts raining.

Thanks a lot.

Adventure Tofino - Wildlife Tours
Boat Tours, Dolphin & Whale Watching, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Ocean Outfitters
Boat Tours, Fishing Charters & Tours, Dolphin & Whale Watching, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Kayaking & Canoeing
Remote Passages Marine Excursions
Boat Tours, Dolphin & Whale Watching, Kayaking & Canoeing, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Jamie's Whaling Station and Adventure Centres
Boat Tours, Dolphin & Whale Watching, Hiking & Camping Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Cultural Tours
San Francisco
Level Contributor
25 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Request for suggestions on Tofino Itinerary

Ferries weren't that busy. I did a reservation by calling a day earlier. However, the nice lady I talked with said it wasn't that busy because July 4th was on Wednesday and so crowd was divided in two groups. People who were taking vacations before July 4th and ones who were taking after. The ferry seemed full but not overly crowded.

While coming back, the ferry was at least half empty (if not more). We returned on July 3rd 5:50 ferry.

Sorry I forgot to mention that in my earlier post.

Thanks again to you all who helped us out.

22. Re: Request for suggestions on Tofino Itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, July 22, 2013