We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kayaking in Tofino

Mequon, Wisconsin
4 posts
Save Topic
Kayaking in Tofino

My husband and I will be staying in Tofino for 3 days next week and would like to do a half day kayak paddle. Something not too strenuous and scenic would be perfect. I would appreciate any suggestions. Is it necessary to book ahead or when we get there and determine the best day to go?

Mentioned in this post
Tofino
Tofino
Vancouver Island, Canada
Remote Passages Marine Excursions
Boat Tours, Dolphin & Whale Watching, Kayaking & Canoeing, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Ocean Outfitters
Boat Tours, Fishing Charters & Tours, Dolphin & Whale Watching, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Kayaking & Canoeing
Nanaimo, Canada
Destination Expert
for Nanaimo, Vancouver Island
Level Contributor
5,367 posts
449 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kayaking in Tofino

I'd recommend Tofino Sea Kayaking. They offer 2, 4 hour and longer tours. A paddle to Meares Island and around the harbour is a nice, short, scenic paddle.

tofinoseakayaking.com/tours/…more-107

Can't advise on reserving as this year's tourism patterns are a bit wacky. I'd reserve if I really wanted to go at a certain time and duration.

Edited: 11:14 am, July 18, 2011
Mentioned in this post
Tofino Sea Kayaking Day Tours
Tofino Sea Kayaking Day...
232 Reviews
Vancouver Island, Canada
Tofino
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kayaking in Tofino

Black Bear Kayaking, Tofino Sea Kayaking, Remote Passages and Paddle West are the four local kayak companies. All offer a 4 hour guided scenic paddle, some have 6 hour tours and all are great. Black Bear and Paddle West have easier launching points as Remote and Tofino Sea Kayaking are closer to the majority of the speed boat traffic.

They are all good....all have websites. The only one I see reviews for on Trip Advisor is Black Bear Kayaking.

Mentioned in this post
Black Bear Kayaking
Black Bear Kayaking
234 Reviews
Vancouver Island, Canada
Tofino Sea Kayaking Day Tours
Tofino Sea Kayaking Day...
232 Reviews
Vancouver Island, Canada
3. Re: Kayaking in Tofino

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 pm, October 04, 2012