We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Summer Rental

Waterford, Ireland
Level Contributor
2 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Summer Rental

My girlfriend and I are planning to stay in Tofino for the Summer . any advice regarding finding a place to rent would be great, it seems quite hard to find good places online. We are looking for one bedroom or basement suite to accommodate the two of us

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
20,004 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Summer Rental

Conkerpow, your post will probably be removed by the moderators as "not travel-related" because TripAdvisor does not deal with relocation issues.

My understanding is that Tofino, like many other resort towns (Jasper, Banff, Whistler etc.) has a shortage of rental accommodations, especially during the busy season when there is an influx of seasonal workers. There is usually no substitute for actually being there to look for a rental, because in most small towns, a lot of the rentals go by word-of-mouth, being posted on local bulletin boards etc. Landlords are usually not willing to rent to tenants sight-unseen, especially when there is a shortage of rentals and they have any number of applicants already there in person. So my advice would be to go to Tofino with enough cash to be able to stay at the hostel or other tourist accommodation until you are able to find a monthly rental.

Nanaimo, Canada
Destination Expert
for Nanaimo, Vancouver Island
Level Contributor
5,325 posts
443 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Summer Rental

krp329 has given you solid advice. There is a dearth of accommodation in Tofino and what is available goes for a premium in the tourism industry.

Best go there in advance to start the search.

Edited: 9:39 am, January 12, 2011
Tofino
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Summer Rental

If you are traveling to Tofino to work then see if your employer offers staff accommodation.....but do this sooner than later as they fill up quickly. Also visit the local online newspaper westcoaster.ca as there are always listings on there and finally, people advertise rooms for rent on the local bulletin boards so if you happen to come up before the summer check on those.

Waterford, Ireland
Level Contributor
2 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Summer Rental

Thanks guys

5. Re: Summer Rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 pm, October 17, 2012