We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Orca Air

Which Tofino hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Calgary, Canada
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Orca Air

If you are looking for reviews on Canadian charter flights, I would highly highly recommend Orca Air.

Recently, I travelled as a single female from Vancouver to Tofino on Thursday August 5th, 2010. I had booked my flight with Canadian Air Charters online. Upon arriving to the airport I was greeted by Canadian Air Charters (note: they don't have a counter) who told me the weather conditions did not permit for landing in Tofino yet and would confirm later as the departure time approached. I was contacted by phone that the flight was cancelled and given only one option. They could only get me out to Nanaimo at best.

I quickly checked out Orca Air. The nice lady at the counter took pity on my situation and kindly set me up on the next flight available. She was even nice enough to ask her manager for a discount as she could tell I was pissed off at Canadian Air.

We had a full plane and I didn't end up leaving till 6pm, but it goes to show that other clents trust this airline. I would have been the only passenger on the Canadian Air Charter flight.

This airline can definitely be trusted and even with the bad weather conditions, they will get you to your final destination!

Have fun in Tofino!

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
56,319 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Orca Air

That has to be the nicest way to complain about a company that I have every read. (And perhaps primarily to recommend the company that so nicely picked up the pieces.)

Glad it all worked out for you and you were able to enjoy your full holiday.

Edited: 1:30 pm, August 12, 2010
2. Re: Orca Air

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, February 09, 2011