We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Storm Watching Hotel/Restaurant Recommendations

Seattle
Level Contributor
22 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Storm Watching Hotel/Restaurant Recommendations

My husband and I will be traveling to Tofino from Seattle the first weekend of December. We will be staying 3 nights. I'm having a tough time deciding on accommodations. Three choices: The Wick, Pacific Sands Beach Club and Long Beach Lodge.

View of the beach/storms is #1 priority. Hot tub with deck would also be nice.

Any thoughts between the three? I've read conflicting a range of opinions on all three, which is making the decision difficult.

Also, any restaurant recommendations would be great.

Thank you!

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
57,652 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Storm Watching Hotel/Restaurant Recommendations

This post on the Tofino forum may be a place to start.

tripadvisor.com/…19653244

In the search bar right above your original post on the Tofino forum, you could type in "storm watching" and see what else has been said recently.

Seattle
Level Contributor
4,398 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Storm Watching Hotel/Restaurant Recommendations

The Wick is the nicest of the options you list but it's also going to be the most expensive.

I would also look at the single cabins at Middle Beach Lodge--specifically the ones that have hot tubs on the deck. However, the view from most of the cabins at Middle Beach is filtered through trees as they tried to keep as many trees as possible when building it.

There have been a number of posts with Tofino restaurant recommendations so you might want to do a search.

UK
Level Contributor
57 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Storm Watching Hotel/Restaurant Recommendations

We stayed at the Pacific Sands this August and loved it. We had a villa which had a fab view of the beach. We could lie in bed and watch the sea and there was also a deep bath on a platform in the bedroom so you could sit in there for a great view aswell. The only downside to this, especially if you are there in December, is that they have no restaurant facilities and offer no housekeeping if you stay in a villa (may do from the beachfront rooms but I can't vouch for that).

Restaurant wise the best meal we had was in "Shelter" and "the common loaf bakery" did good breakfast and snacks.

Vancouver BC
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
8,986 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Storm Watching Hotel/Restaurant Recommendations

You said beach/storms are the #1 priority. I prefer Middle Beach as a venue but to fit your priority you will not get a better vantage point then the restaurant of the Wick.

Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Destination Expert
for British Columbia
Level Contributor
8,487 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Storm Watching Hotel/Restaurant Recommendations

http://norwoods.ca/

vancouver bc
Level Contributor
3 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Storm Watching Hotel/Restaurant Recommendations

Well my experience has been that you just can't go wrong with "The Wick".

I would say stay there if you can afford it.

The restaurant is great too.

Parksville, Canada
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Storm Watching Hotel/Restaurant Recommendations

Hi

I just have to echo the previous poster - if you can afford it the Wick and don't care about being able to have a few meals in your room, it's (the Wick) is where you have to go. Without exaggerating, its owner put his money where his mouth was and was at the forefront of the entire "storm watching" phenon in that area. It is unique and lovely.

However, if you want a bit of independence (kitchen, etc) then Pacific Sands is a also a good choice.

Really - it's hard to go wrong with anywhere on the beach over there.

Enjoy.

8. Re: Storm Watching Hotel/Restaurant Recommendations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 21, 2010