We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tlaook Cultural Adventures.. has anyone been on their tours?

Jerusalem, Israel
Level Contributor
200 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Tlaook Cultural Adventures.. has anyone been on their tours?

We were advised to go on this company's tour to Meares Island... has anyone been on their tours or heard anything about them?

Also, I've read such mixed reviews on the hot springs.. the negative being that they get so crowded. We love hot springs but don't want to be crammed in like sardines.. what are the chances of them being really packed next weekend? Should we just skip it and go on a zodiac whale watching tour instead, we were advised to go with Jamie's...

Seattle
Level Contributor
4,398 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Tlaook Cultural Adventures.. has anyone been on their tours?

Not familiar with that tour company. I've gone a couple times with Tofino Sea Kayaking and enjoyed it.

My last visit to the hot springs was about this time of year, a few years back, and it was not crowded at all. I can't remember if it was a weekend however--but I'd go regardless, I think "crowded" for Tofino isn't really very crowded. I did a combo whale watching/hot springs tour with Remote Passages on that trip.

Victoria
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Tlaook Cultural Adventures.. has anyone been on their tours?

I've hear great things about Tlaooks trips to Meares Island. It is run by a native family and they have great cultural knowledge of the area.

The hotsprings trips can be very busy in the middle of summer however i would say that chances are that they will be considerably slower now. My suggestion would be to go on one of the first boats or last boats of the day to avoid any crowding. All of the companies in town offer hotsprings, whale watching and bear watching tours and the best way to decide who you want to go with is by deciding what time you want to go, what type of boat you want to go in (zodiac, cabin cruisers, or huge people movers) and check the fares because they do vary a bit between business.

3. Re: Tlaook Cultural Adventures.. has anyone been on their tours?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, April 04, 2010