We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tofino accomodation in September

Germany
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Topic
Tofino accomodation in September

We're visiting Victoria and Vancouver for 9days and was intending on visiting Tofino in a rental car from Victoria for a couple of nights. We're going in mid september. Is it necessary to book accomodation in advance or can we just book in Victoria a day before.

We were hoping to spend 2/3 days in Victoria then drive up for 2 nights in Tofino then go on to Vancouver, after dropping th car back in Vancouver.

Does that sound like a goo allocation of time. We haven't booked any hotels for this yet as we weren't sure how long we'd want in each place.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
3,759 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tofino accomodation in September

Hi dellacat,

People who have left bookings till their arrival in Canada are often found here posting *urgent* messages so I'd suggest booking and then not having to worry. In the event you have a day or two you're not sure about, often the hotels have cancellation policies that allow for 48hr notice cancellations with no penalty. Check the websites.

If you are a new forum user you might not know about the search guide (next to your question) which will give you lots of recent information about Vancouver Island, Victoria, Tofino or Ucluelet, which some people prefer for accomodation.

Personally I would spend 2 days in Victoria and 3 in Pacific Rim, but if you like cities then you would prefer the opposite.

Hope that helps! Tobie

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
7,481 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tofino accomodation in September

I'd definitely spend more time in Tofino and less time in Victoria. Victoria's a small touristy city which can be seen in a day and a half. Tofino and its region (Pacific Rim National Park, Long Beach, Chesterman Beach, etc) needs a minimum of 3 days to experience, in my opinion.

Get answers to your questions about Tofino