We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

March trip - hotel/Inn locations

Which Tofino hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Alberta
Level Contributor
1,151 posts
1 review
Save Topic
March trip - hotel/Inn locations

Hi We are planning our trip for March 20th week planning to stay 3 nights/4 days fly in from Van. on Orca airways. Are there car rentals at airport or should we do that ahead of time? Really want to stay at Wick Inn but the Tin Wis & Long beach look like really nice places as well. I think it would great to have tub/fireplace/view but the cost is a factor too. Is there any site I can go to find the locations of the hotels/Inns along the 40 km beach? kinda like the vegas strip locator? I want to be somewhere's close enough to eat in town and do some walking without always taking a cab and the Wick Inn sounds out of town? Any help would be so much appreciated. thanks.

Seattle
Level Contributor
4,398 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: March trip - hotel/Inn locations

There's a Budget car rental office at the Tofino airport--it's expensive to rent cars in Tofino since I'm pretty sure that's the only option. I'd reserve ahead for that reason.

Most of the places that are on the beach are going to be south of town and not within walking distance so having a car is a good idea. Plus you'll want a car so you can visit the various national park beaches, etc.

In addition to the places you mentioned I really like Middle Beach Lodge.

I don't know of any site that has a map showing where the various inns are located but most are north of where Pacific Rim National Park ends and south of the town.

Vancouver
11 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: March trip - hotel/Inn locations

Most of the resorts/inns/lodges are location south of Tofino as previously mentioned - the beaches/accommodations go something like this;

3km from Tofino:

MacKenzie/Middle beach - Middle BEach Lodge

4-5 km from Tofino:

Chesterman's Beach - Wick Inn

6-7 km from Tofino

Cox bay - Long Beach Lodge & Pacific Sands.

7-10 km from Tofino is the Pacific Rim National Park & Airport.

If I were you, i'd rent a car, it's much easier to get around - there is a "beach bus" shuttle but not sure when it starts up it's service in the spring.

Hope this is helpful...

Alberta
Level Contributor
1,151 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: March trip - hotel/Inn locations

HI yes, we have booked at Long Beach Resort and we are driving from Victoria now so it will be an interesting stop at Coombs? with the goats and stops along the way.

Did they find the little 7 year do you know I am not hearing much about it on the news? thanks for your help.

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
52 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: March trip - hotel/Inn locations

No, the boy was not found.

In March the goats may not be out on the roof at Coombs. Suggest you stop at Cathedral Grove for the huge trees. Also try the Raincoast Grill in Tof.--excellent food, reservation required.

I believe BC "March break" will be 17 - 21 of March; be prepared for crowds.

Budget 5+ hours from Victoria to Tofino.

Have a good stay.

N-B

Alberta
Level Contributor
1,151 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: March trip - hotel/Inn locations

Hi we will be in Victoria for Easter weekend and then Monday we thought we would be on the hwy by 8am as traffic my be heavy heading out of the city?? So then around mid day arrive in Tofino 24-27. i think I will make reservations just before we leave. We hear there is some nice dining in Tofino and will book lunch or Dinner at the Wick. Has the weather been pretty decent?

Seattle
Level Contributor
4,398 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: March trip - hotel/Inn locations

Do you mean you plan to wait to make your hotel reservations in Tofino? If so, I'm not sure that's a good idea, since that's spring break for many families and also I believe it's the whale festival in Tofino that week.

If you meant something else then never mind ;-).

Alberta
Level Contributor
1,151 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: March trip - hotel/Inn locations

NWW I have made reservations (Tin Wis & LBR) the price was crazy at the Wick because of the WWatching festival) for our stay but thinking of the first night making reservations for the Raincoast Cafe so then we know we are having a good meal for our first night there then check things out. I heard from friends that there is an excellent coffee shop/bakery but they can't remember the name....anyone know? Looking forward to the trip now that it is closer hoping for nice sunny days but coming prepared for wind and wet weather. :)

8. Re: March trip - hotel/Inn locations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, September 21, 2009