We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

shelterrestaurant in tofino

Which Tofino hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Karlsruhe, Germany
Level Contributor
149 posts
227 reviews
Save Topic
shelterrestaurant in tofino

a friend of mine told me about this restaurant. Has anybody been there in the last months ? How was it ? Prices ?

west coast, b.c.
Level Contributor
13 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: shelterrestaurant in tofino

I haven't been there for the past year, but it seems to fluctuate. It was very good the past couple of times we've eaten there, but we did have one below par experience a few years' back. Price-wise, it's not too bad for a "nice meal out." Not at pricey as the Rainforest Café.

Tofino BC
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: shelterrestaurant in tofino

We were there oct 4th 2007 ,, Food & service excellant ,

Staff appears to control music taste & volume ,TOO LOUD

Local Resident

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
864 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: shelterrestaurant in tofino

Hi,

I was there on 9/7/07 for dinner with my wife.

Here's the rules in Tofino:

You're going to fill up your tables if you have a restaurant so all entrees should be $27-$32.

Why sell good food at a $22 price point if your tables are full?

Don't sell plank grilled salmon, put baby shrimp in a sauce on it and charge $30.

Be creative, use a sauce with a reduction of three ingredients, and charge the tourists high dollars for food that is "just ok".

Maybe it's better early in the summer when people aren't cranky about their jobs.

Eat at Sobo. It's the best place by far, food quality and price.

4. Re: shelterrestaurant in tofino

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 pm, September 11, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Tofino