We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How does this Vancouver/Tofino itinerary look?

chicago
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Topic
How does this Vancouver/Tofino itinerary look?

It would be much appreciated if you all could comment on my Vancouver/Tofino itinerary before I have to confirm flights tomorrow. This itinerary is over Labor Day. I will be traveling with just my wife, both in late 30s - leaving the kids home for the first time. I have reservations for all items below except the horseshoe to Nanaimo ferry on sat AM (which it doesn’t look like you can make as a pedestrian?).

Day 1 (wed): Arrive Vancouver late evening. Hotel for next 3 nights – Listel.

Days 2 and 3 (thu/fri): Vancouver – priorities will be Stanley park (biking/rollerblading on seawall, aquarium, relaxing, maybe outdoor play in evening), Granville Island (market), exploring Robson St./denman/English bay beach by foot, Vancouver art gallery, kitsilano by foot. I have decided to skip: Canada place, gastown, Chinatown and other museums.

Day 4 (sat): early ferry Horseshoe to Nanaimo, rent a car in nanaimo and drive to tofino in AM stopping along the way. Afternoon in Uclelet/Tofino walking towns by foot. Next 2 nights at Long Beach Lodge.

Day 5 (sun): Planned outdoor activities both morning and afternoon – fit in one in AM and one in afternoon: whale watching, bear watching, hiking, fishing expedition, beach walking.

Day 6 (mon - labor day): AM: one more planned outdoor activity from day 5 itin. Lunch in Tofino - leave Tofino at 1 or 2pm, drive back to Nanaimo. Sea plane at 6pm back to Vancouver to save myself some time rather than taking ferry. Last dinner in Vancouver and spend night at Listel.

Day 7 (tue): leisurely morning exploring anything we missed in Vancouver first 2 days. Flight out of YVR at 1:20pm.

Appreciate any comments, including must do activities I may have overlooked.

Thanks very much.

btw, i posted this on the vancouver sub-forum so apologize for the duplicate posting

Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver Island
Level Contributor
2,502 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: How does this Vancouver/Tofino itinerary look?

Besides stopping in Cathedral Grove - which you drive through - you may also want to stop in Coombs. An interesting little community with all sorts of shops, ice-cream, restaurants and goats grazing on the roof of the main building!

12. Re: How does this Vancouver/Tofino itinerary look?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:15 am, September 08, 2009